SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

']hm mite have some 17x8 rims i can buy ... but that means ill need to put the 17x7 +36 onto the front, and 17x8 +32 on the rear.... will they fitttt *Stresses* haha will find out next week neway, the 17x7 +36 fit the front im pretty sure coz i tried 1 before, but ill try again 2moro, then test fit the 17x8 on the back before i buy them next tues or wed :D

hey and the pictures thing is updated actualy says i have 9 pictures now, sik haha =]

the rears will be fine the fronts are going to be close. the worst that will happen with that offset would be a slightly large turning circle as the wheels might rub on the inner guards..mine are x7 +15 offset at the front, you can get 5mm spacers from autobarn now only like $35 bucks!! :D

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just gave an R33 GTS a fright.  I saw the tail lights from way back and thought I'll chase him down.  I thought it might have been the guy with 600hp GTR from down my street, it wasn't .  Anyhoo , he sped up a bit to get rid of me but then i got carried away and did a handbrakey round a corner to follow him and he shat himself and pulled into a dead end side street and waited for me to go passed and turned around and went the other way.  some people just don't know how to have fun............

you should check the vic section now to see if anyone was chased lastnight :headspin:

hmmm but i cant really put spacers on with stock studs can i? bit risky.

i have my 17s now im gona go chuck em on and turn the wheels.

thing is my Watanabes already rub on full lock at the front, so i already on use 4/5 of the possible lock ... but they rub on the castor rods with the inside tyre wall. dunno wat the deal is there , but yeh if they rub at full lock then ill just still have my smaller lock which i can live with. cheers for the reply =) il go check now.

went to see DR30RS car down at Barbagello Raceway today. bloody moves down the straights. by eye, id say there wasnt much there that woulda had it today straight line! but taily out of high speed bends tho even with semi slicks on the back!

but mmmm FJ20 with GT30 and ext gate at full noise down the front straight .. by far the best sounding car out there :) *gets inspired* haha

0HR30T - with the 34 GTR injectors apparently just stick em in and clamp em up tight and she'll be right! haha

yas - you can do intercooler, exhaust, boost controller, and clutch all in any order. but you cant turn the boost up (with boost controller) till you have done exhaust and intercooler. you can pretty much do intercooler or exhaust either way around. most pple do exhaust first, but thats becuase nearly all turbo cars nowadays have a standard intercooler already so at least they have one! u could do cooler or exhaust either way round. and without the boost controller, you cant make use of the exhaust and intercooler allowing u more boost!!

and the clutch, well u can do that any time but the more power u make the more strain on it basically so itll just start to wear out faster as u get more torque and power.

so u can do things in any order really at first. then you get to where i am, and u need to do Engine Management system & injectors. then u max out your stock turbo, so u need to go bigger ... then cams .. etc !

rsx84 (n whoever else hehe) - just chucked both 17s i have atm on the front. i found the sticker on my Watanabes too, theyre 15x6.5 +34 offset. and they scrub on the steering arms (not castor rods :)) at absolute maximum lock. i put the 17x7 +36 on the front and they have like 1 little finger gap between the top of the tyre and the spring perch, and about the same from inside tyre wall to strut tower!! clooooose! but they fit.

and i gave them full lock then marked on my body with metal polish the angle of them, and then put Watanabes back on and turned them to full lock & .... exactly the same! so its all sweet :) so provided ur right about the rears fitting them shes all good! gona get the centres of them painted black and the rims polished right up... in a couple of months... :P

ecu first *nods* =]

I got my car back from the panel shop on Thursday. Looks a heap better and is really smooth all buffed up. Got the top 1/2 of the car resprayed and a few other odds and ends fixed up. Still a fair bit of sanding dust to clean up but thats no biggy. They did an excellent job of fixing the rust in the strut towers.

Also put some Redline gearbox oil in today to try get the gears to go in a bit easier especially in 1st coz its hard to engage a lot of the time. I've only done about 30kms with it in there - it usually takes between 500-1000km to get it moving really smooth.

I'm wanting to get FMIC done asap but all the workshops around here are booked up for the next 4-5 weeks. But that gives me time to do all the inexpensive jobs! At least the motor trimmer can do my car in 2 weeks - retrimming the back seat + door trims to match my R34 front seats.

[ant] I assume they're just going to slip some hose over the top of the GTR injectors,and as you say,clamp em up tight! Not as good as proper hose tail injectors,but if it's only a temp thing,it'd be ok.Just a bit of advice-check the clamps regularly,to make sure they're still nice and tight.

boj01 - dude,that's going to be one smick DR30!!!! Let us know if the redline makes any difference to th shifting.FJ boxes are notchy from factory I think :cheers:

And here's my general interest bit! :) I went to a dyno day up here on the weekend,and an FJ20 Stanza (TO4 equiped) spun up 323HP at the wheels on 15psi!!! Pretty bloody good I thought! The rest of the motor is basicly a twin to my FJ,but I have a Garrett ball bearing turbo :) ( :);) :uh-huh: :D :D

hey guys i was just wondering what would be involved in swaping my fj20N/A for a fj20et?

What would i need to keep if anything from the fj20N/a for the conversion and what should i do once i put it in? Also what would you expect to pay for such a conversion as it sounds straight forward to me, same mounts and all?

0HR30T - yeh its not realy the best way to go but it should only be temporary i think ... call me a bitch but seeing DR30RS 350+RWHP DR on the weekend im considering a mild turbo upgrade to ~300rwhp (or watever the most i can get from the GTR injectors i guess) so i can gradually get used to more power rather than jumping by like 100+rwhp and internal work etc in one go! haha

and at 300rwhp, ill have plenty of fun power enough to justify opening my wallet for more cosmetic things such as forking out the ~3000$ to fix all my paintwork rust areas and dings n dents n rubbers an loose plastics ...! just go crazy and fix it right up.

but yeh hopefuly GTR injectors will hold. il just keep checking clamps as you say!

boj - ur car will be nice when its done hey! suppose u plan on keeping it awhile then? im thinking ill try and get a job with a company car so i can retire the dr from road duties and keep it for ages haha

']OHR30T - i dont know jack about injectors i just went with what the joint said where ill be getting the work done, they said get GTR injectors and theyre piss easy to fit so i got some on the way ! so i dunno wtf theyll do chances are they gave me bad advice and i have to fork out more money again. such is life haha

Doctor 30 - i only earn $200 a week doing nightfill, but i live at home with no expenses whatsoever and no board, so i try to put about 100-150 a week away (depending on how much alcohol is needed each weekend haha). all into the car!

Boof - the wolf im getting is not a V4 its a V3. apparently wolf's all work well with the dizzy on the FJ ive heard. something to do with using it as the CAS or something? dunno but ive heard its not a drama on FJ with the Wolfs, quite the opposite even.

DR30RS - haha should be good fun out there in ur car tomorow. thats with the WASCC guys hey? my dads mate at work is in that, keeps telling me to come down and have a look, i was thinking of coming down tomorow just to see what goes on and details of how to join for next season. wouldnt mind having a look at ur car and things too or even a hot lap but that might be pushing it ;D what time does it begin and end? dunno if ill make it but i want to eventualy :P

From what i understand about the FJ dizzy [ant] is that its not a true CAS as such, its more like an optical pick up styles dizzy, somewhere between a normal dizzy and a proper cas...Speaking with a mate who was goin to use a wolf on his FJ 1600, he spoke with the wolf dealer here in SA, and they said that they've gotta modify the dizzy because it has to many teeth or something to work properly with the wolf V3

hahah theres always one! yeh ill probably get 240 rwhp and go to hell with this mild upgrade i want shitloads more haha

but .. now i think i got a new woman in my life now ... which means car savings take a hammering ... tonite i spent about $50 on dinner and movie and here i was planning not to spend a cent this weekend. crap haha

boof - hm cheers for that, i dunno if theyve put a V3 on an FJ before i guess they would have being main WA Wolf dealer but ill query them about that too. wanna make sure i have all costs covered before i go in to get it done! e.g. maybe dizzy mod, install, tune, install and mounting of seperate coils, making a pipe for mounting pod on once AFM is removed, making plates to cover the AAC/IAC valves which they block i think wen doing ecu swap (they did on DR30RS car neway with his V4..) :D all the little extra things add up! haha

']hahah theres always one! yeh ill probably get 240 rwhp and go to hell with this mild upgrade i want shitloads more haha

but .. now i think i got a new woman in my life now ... which means car savings take a hammering ... tonite i spent about $50 on dinner and movie and here i was planning not to spend a cent this weekend. crap haha

boof - hm cheers for that, i dunno if theyve put a V3 on an FJ before i guess they would have being main WA Wolf dealer but ill query them about that too. wanna make sure i have all costs covered before i go in to get it done! e.g. maybe dizzy mod, install, tune, install and mounting of seperate coils, making a pipe for mounting pod on once AFM is removed, making plates to cover the AAC/IAC valves which they block i think wen doing ecu swap (they did on DR30RS car neway with his V4..) :D all the little extra things add up! haha

Yeah for sure, plus if you gotta get the dizzy modified, you then have to start thinking what if i get defected with the aftermarket ecu in there and the dizzy is modified, means u have to go and source a stock dizzy so that it will work with your stock ecu...Just the little things that count!

Yeah for sure, plus if you gotta get the dizzy modified, you then have to start thinking what if i get defected with the aftermarket ecu in there and the dizzy is modified, means u have to go and source a stock dizzy so that it will work with your stock ecu...Just the little things that count!

No mods needed....Wolf needs a reference hole drilled in the disc so it can see No1 position.

Came 6th outright(55 entries) and second in class at the weekends sprint event.6000rpm in 5th down the straight is the best drug around. :P

Can anyone solve my riddle???

Brake lights don't work when brake pedal is depressed. All fuses checked. And Brake pedal switch has been replaced. Why won't my friggen brake lights work??? With all this rainy weather, its too dangerous for them not too. Already almost been rear ended about 6 times. They light up when headlights are turned on, but just dont come on brighter when braking. Any suggestions???

Can anyone solve my riddle???  

Brake lights don't work when brake pedal is depressed.  All fuses checked.  And Brake pedal switch has been replaced.  Why won't my friggen brake lights work???  With all this rainy weather, its too dangerous for them not too.  Already almost been rear ended about 6 times.  They light up when headlights are turned on, but just dont come on brighter when braking.  Any suggestions???

Could be a dodgy earth.

Other than that, nope, can't solve it, take it to a sparkie! its not worth stuffing with if you're likely to get rear ended.

No mods needed....Wolf needs a reference hole drilled in the disc so it can see No1 position.

Came 6th outright(55 entries) and second in class at the weekends sprint event.6000rpm in 5th down the straight is the best drug around. :(

Hey Mate,

Don't suppose you know what sort of speed you were carrying at 6k? Have you got the stock rear end in it?

Cheers

Rob

DR30RS - yeah come on, how fast were you going. I did 6200 in top at a secret test track (if top ratio is .84 then it is 224kmh, if top is .759 then it was 247kmh.)

boj01 - I've had heaps of electrical dramas from incorrect wiring after a spray job. You recently had one and I bet the panel beater just assumed it could be wired up in any fashion. I am tipping after your spray job they have screwed up putting the lights back together. I would pull apart every connector in the boot and reconnect as over spray might be the problem or it just has not been connected.