SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

haha Okay man ur pencilled in for cooler kit! ive already got that money planned for and spent before ive even got it now! haha going towards a Microtech ECU for my car! :P

neway wen u get ur money sorted from tax return ill drop cooler off to you to show you how it goes n see if we can get it in. But it may need a bit of a mod to the pipe from the turbo i think from looking closely at mine, so u may need to get somewhere to do that for u but it should be pretty cheap to organize. but we can mount the cooler itself in the front of ur car to save money if u get put in by a shop.

pod filter is like a half hour job, but u need a thin bit of metal or something to make a bracket to support it. i can show u wat mines like wen i drrop cooler off to u if u havent already installed urs by then!

n muffler u just pick the one u want from the shop n book it in, they chop ur old one off and weld on the newy in a couple of hours !

too easy! let the mods begin! :( haha cant have the old classic being left stock! haha

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with white, just not ALL white.

I think mine looks cool, white/silver.

And now considering scrapping RB conversion for L31, to keep more in phase with originality. Top end HP might not be as big, but torque would be similar and  300rwhp still might be achievable.

Someone that could remark an L28 block to my L20 engine number would be interesting, no need for engineering or emissions testing then and a nice little sleeper.

have you started building the engine yet?

Hey all....

wondering how easy coilovers are easy to slap into a R30 SKyline..

whar car has similar coilovers? S-13?

any modifications required...?

ne help would be appreciated

Hey all....  

wondering how easy coilovers are easy to slap into a R30 SKyline..

whar car has similar coilovers? S-13?

any modifications required...?

ne help would be appreciated

if you read back through the posts then there is alittle info on the s-13 struts but no one has come up with an answer that dosent involve $$$ which is the crappy part.

Ok here is for the front S13 swap into a bluebird which is the same as R30's

S13 Struts into 910 bluebird

hhmmm looks very interesting, so what that says is just to use the s-13 set up? with the r30 strut tops do you think the coilovers would bolt to those or just turn the s-13 tops around to line up the bolts?? its just i dont want to have to throw my freshly painted tower brace out!!

hmm seems a bit complicated ... but i guess you could do it and do your brakes at the same time i.e. get S14 hubs and R32 brakes and some s14 coilovers. or s13 hubs with redrilled 32 brakes and coilovers. kill 2 birds with one stone.

then the rears are easy enough to bolt in if you swap the tops from your stock shocks onto the s13 coilovers i think? otherwise drill an extra hole in ur strut towers to accomodate the 2 hole s13 coilies.

my suspension is quite good and im gona get Microtech next then new bushes, but wen i do brake upgrade it may be worth getting coilovers too i guess :cheers:

yeh the whole lot; cntrl arms, hubs, suspension etc

i think there was a problem with swapping the strut tops, not 100% sure, but i know u need to use coilovers because the std spring is too wide and hits the tower on full lock.

they are all drilling their strut towers out for the different stud pattern, cos its IS stupidly different (Hey isn't that like a big no no from nissan/datsun??? everything is supposed to be bolt on swap!!!)

got my car back today with the big Hybrid in the front, looks pretty mean with that cooler in there :mad:

Sard BOV is a loud bugger too but nice clean sound just PTSH no fluttering. goes well. am resetting the ECU tonite to let it learn with new cooler but just as it was today it went well !

cant realy be bothered resetting ECU unplugging battery terminals but i guess its best to do it :)

oh i added pics of the cooler install to my Gallery. even tho it probably still says i have zero pics they are in there!

yeh the whole lot; cntrl arms, hubs, suspension etc

i think there was a problem with swapping the strut tops, not 100% sure, but i know u need to use coilovers because the std spring is too wide and hits the tower on full lock.

they are all drilling their strut towers out for the different stud pattern, cos its IS stupidly different (Hey isn't that like a big no no from nissan/datsun??? everything is supposed to be bolt on swap!!!)

I have a pair of Brand New GReady S13 Strut Tops, bought from JMS in Adelaide for my original R30 project and the bolt pattern is identical to R30, BUT IN REVERSE, the problem then is that the camber adjustment is no longer to negative, but to positive, not something that would be desireable, I wouldn't think.

Noltec in Thornleigh NSW will make adjustable strut tops on request for ANY vehicle, using a urethane bush at the top, instead of steel.

[ant] - Cooler looks awesome. Did they use 3" intake side + 2.5" turbo side??? I also like the coke bottle radiator overflow bottle. What holes did they have to cut in the front of the car to allow cooler pipes to run through??

']got my car back today with the big Hybrid in the front, looks pretty mean with that cooler in there :)

Sard BOV is a loud bugger too but nice clean sound just PTSH no fluttering. goes well. am resetting the ECU tonite to let it learn with new cooler but just as it was today it went well !  

cant realy be bothered resetting ECU unplugging battery terminals but i guess its best to do it :(

oh i added pics of the cooler install to my Gallery. even tho it probably still says i have zero pics they are in there!

how'd you go with the lower lip and the fitment of the cooler? i had to shave about 1/2" of it to let my hybrid sit in there but i think mine sits lower than yours. also wish my plenum was on that side as it would save about 1.3ms of pipe! i think theres some pics of mine about 20 pages back.....made a huge difference in the power...NICE one mate..

In regards to brake discs, I can't get the DBA's that Ghostrider posted the numbers for here :cheers: Our supplier won't order them until they get a certain number of people interested. All that I'm able to get are some RDA discs (apparently the same as Brembo, but I dont know if the guy was spinning me some crap) which have to be ordered from melbourne and are $160 each

Can anyone help me out? I'd like to know what the DBA's retail for interstate and if any retailers there would be able to mail/freight them to me, or if $320 is an ok price? (FRONTS ONLY)

Ta

In regards to brake discs, I can't get the DBA's that Ghostrider posted the numbers for here :cheers:  Our supplier won't order them until they get a certain number of people interested.  All that I'm able to get are some RDA discs (apparently the same as Brembo, but I dont know if the guy was spinning me some crap) which have to be ordered from melbourne and are $160 each

Can anyone help me out?  I'd like to know what the DBA's retail for interstate and if any retailers there would be able to mail/freight them to me, or if $320 is an ok price?  (FRONTS ONLY)

Ta

went i got my DBA slotted fronts i just ordered then through autobarn! i did pay $340 each for them as they make them when ordered no stock kept at all??

ive done the conversion a few years back, im still using s13 struts to this day, work a treat

what did you do to the strut tops? re drill or convert?

nice pics ant!

i dont get one thing though, my bit in front of the radiator, there's this bar that looks like it can/will get in the way of a cooler such as the one u have, do you just take it out or get around it some other way?