• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my 2c, these things are useless:

Shock Boots + Bumpstops (Pair) - $65

Front Upper Control Arm Camber Bushes - $253

Front Castor Rod Bushes (Offset tube for Adjustment) - $99

Rear Upper Control Arm Camber Bushes - $132

if ur not too fussed with alignment just get plain urethane bushes (providing they are a fair bit cheaper)

if u do want decent adjustment buy some proper arms, i went down the whiteline arms route as they have urethane bushes, but there are a few clearance issues to consider with these (which i wont go into unless someone wants me too)

as far as the shock boots and bump stops, as long as they are the ones in the GB, they are pretty shit and certainly not worth the $$.

adjustable bush kits give you plenty of adjustment, SK still uses standard arms with adjustable bushes in his circuit car as he believes that the arms are stronger than any adjustable arm on the market at the time he sold me mine, as he had had some after-market top arm failures.

you allso get a tuned suspension package with SK. Custom spring rates and shock valving to suit your car and application as well as the correct diameter swaybars to suit. not to mention the wealth of knowledge and support. you have to look past the dolar signs, especially if there is only a couple of hundred dollars difference. and you cant compare a lovells or kings spring to an eibarch.

my 2c worth.

my 2c, these things are useless:

Shock Boots + Bumpstops (Pair) - $65

Front Upper Control Arm Camber Bushes - $253

Front Castor Rod Bushes (Offset tube for Adjustment) - $99

Rear Upper Control Arm Camber Bushes - $132

if ur not too fussed with alignment just get plain urethane bushes (providing they are a fair bit cheaper)

if u do want decent adjustment buy some proper arms, i went down the whiteline arms route as they have urethane bushes, but there are a few clearance issues to consider with these (which i wont go into unless someone wants me too)

as far as the shock boots and bump stops, as long as they are the ones in the GB, they are pretty shit and certainly not worth the $$.

yeh for me in my car they were absolutely useless, apart from the fact u cant adjust them on car, they just didnt give me much noticable adjustment, i couldnt get below -1.5 camber on the rear with the camber bushes set to reduce camber as much as possible. car was still quite high as well. same story with caster, best i could get was like 5. same story with my mates car whos runnning the same gear.

as far as springs, i agree, i wouldnt bother with the kingies or whitelines if i had my time again, i guess for the road they were ok, but for any decent track performance u really need to go higher rates and better springs, im currently running eibach but i just ordered some hypercoils to replace the rears, ive heard good things about them and they are a bit cheaper.

Custom swaybars/springs/shocks etc to suit your needs can be ordered direct or even your local Repco stores etc can undercut Sydney Kids prices. Plus you get the added bonus of working with trustworthy companies..... :)

Also to the question about pedders, your suspension shops will tell you wood planks are what you need if they are making money out of it. $1600 is quite a bit for poor suspension IMO... others may disagree.

What eibach springs are you guys using? the pro kit ones?

where did you get them and prices?

im still deciding wether to go this way or get my ohlins coilovers rebuilt...

i cant decide what would be better, leaning towards rebuilding atm though. its about $500 for the front pair. (backs are fine)

wow that all means about zero to me :D haha

probably best just to get my ohlins rebuilt and get some new bushes etc... all this choosing new shit is way complicated.

What bushes and things should i get replaced/upgraded? car atm bumpsteers, tramlines, hops all over the joint. its tiring to drive

Custom swaybars/springs/shocks etc to suit your needs can be ordered direct or even your local Repco stores etc can undercut Sydney Kids prices. Plus you get the added bonus of working with trustworthy companies..... :)

Also to the question about pedders, your suspension shops will tell you wood planks are what you need if they are making money out of it. $1600 is quite a bit for poor suspension IMO... others may disagree.

The problems is though that SK packages were tweaked to suit the 32 GTR. Not just off the shelf products. "Apparantly"

The problems is though that SK packages were tweaked to suit the 32 GTR. Not just off the shelf products. "Apparantly"

Yes apparently.

Speaking with Heasmans and other guys in the industry selling Bilsteins, it seems that SK's Bilstein gear was indeed the off the shelf items. It doesnt look like he revalved them once they landed in Australia.

He may specified the valving specs for Bilstein Germany years ago as I believe he has had close relationships with Bilstein. However any Bilsteins you order now, will be valved from Bilstein Germany with the same valving specs that SK has been recommending.

I guess there was so much interest in the valving specs in Australia that Bilstein just delivered them with those specs to save everyone the hassle.

Yes apparently.

Speaking with Heasmans and other guys in the industry selling Bilsteins, it seems that SK's Bilstein gear was indeed the off the shelf items. It doesnt look like he revalved them once they landed in Australia.

He may specified the valving specs for Bilstein Germany years ago as I believe he has had close relationships with Bilstein. However any Bilsteins you order now, will be valved from Bilstein Germany with the same valving specs that SK has been recommending.

I guess there was so much interest in the valving specs in Australia that Bilstein just delivered them with those specs to save everyone the hassle.

Wow, had no idea.

Yes apparently.

SK made a lot of claims during his time here...many of which were proven by myself and others on here to be total fiction. This is why he no longer shows his face here in SAU but has moved on to easier 'fodder' on other forums. Speak to Heasmans about what you require or ask some of the experienced suspension modifiers on here of what you require.

Edited by DiRTgarage

SK made a lot of claims during his time here...many of which were proven by myself and others on here to be total fiction. This is why he no longer shows his face here in SAU but has moved on to easier 'fodder' on other forums. Speak to Heasmans about what you require or ask some of the experienced suspension modifiers what you require.

He did offer some good prices on his group buys though. No one in the industry could match those kinds of prices.

I am sure his company Jamex made a fair few dollars out of it, however at least they are willing to drop their prices unlike all of the other Bilstein retailers. They couldn't come close to SK's prices.

Can't comment on the bilstein gear but I found sources with much cheaper prices than he was offering on whiteline gear. For example: swaybars and they were custom not group buy set.

Edited by gunmetalgrey

Can't comment on the bilstein gear but I found sources with much cheaper prices than he was offering on whiteline gear. For example: swaybars and they were custom not group buy set.

If you could share that here that would be real helpful for the SAU community

^^^^^^^^ In that post. I have had friends source direct (they may not do this for everyone?) and also the local Repco store sourced various custom made swaybars for another friend cheaper than SK offered for group buy bars. This was done after SK sent the wrong bars then took over 7 months (may have been longer) to refund his money after the bars were returned.

So nothing special. Just shopping around.

Edited by gunmetalgrey