SAU Community

Stolen Car

Hi everyone,

My friend has just called me and told me that his car has been stolen.

You all might know him

On the forum Paris Hilton

Real life: Matt

Details of the car:

Make: Nissan

Model: Skyline GTS-T

Year: 1993

Colour: Maroon

Rego: YEG-34T

The car was parked at his work at Callum offices in Woden

If anyone sees the car around please call one of us.

Daniel: *removed*

Matt: *removed*

209a_1.jpg

Edited by Shell

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fark! damn no good to hear :) , will keep an eye out, I think theres some pics of it on canberracruises.com. also has starcorp wheels as well right?

found the link http://www.canberracruises.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8755

have a look.

edit: posted this up on cc as well.

Thanks CeJay :D

hey all

im over being angry now, c'est la vie... to tell you the truth, it's been 12 hours now, i'm not sure if i want it back

two things i do want back are my autometer guages and hard-to-find clarion minidisk headunit. keep an eye out, but if do get the car back, it will be for sale very cheap... having had a previous car stolen, i don't think i'll be able to drive it comfortably again.

thanks all again

matt.

Considering it's insurred and you wanted to sell it, maybe someone up there (or down there) likes you. Blessing so to say.

Now if only someone would pay the excess.

Good luck with it all.

Doesn't sound like he wanted to sell it... sounds more like he doesn't want her now she's been tarnished by some scum who doesn't want to work for what they get, the type of scum that takes from those who worked hard to get there. The same scum Sinista was talking about recently in another thread.

Message to all... seriously think about the GPS tracking devices. They are affordable and quick to locate your car and hopefully catch the lazy scum red handed. I hope the scum tries to take any of mine... including the race car and gets caught.

I'm sorry for the torment you've been going through Matt, it isn't a good feeling. It isn't over yet because even the insurance company will probably treat you as if you did something wrong. I imagine you'll be interviewed more than once and feel like shit for something you didn't do /rant

:( Pisses me off every time it happens, as I've had a car stolen.

For your piece of mind I hope it is found with the nameless shameless brainless people. Also if they are caught, make sure ur insurance company rides them all the way to court.

I will keep an eye out as my station.

Edited by Helious

yeah i dont think I'd want mine back if it got stolen either... I'd rather the money

sorry to hear Matt ;)

I dont know who you're insured with but hopefully it's someone who makes it as painless as possible...

Considering it's insurred and you wanted to sell it,

Sorry there Matt, Mis interpreted the Canberra cruisers thread. You purchased it there and the other guy was selling.

I agree, after theives steal your car, they normally do a cold start and rev the shit out of it, not good. I agree that it's better often to never see your car again. My last one got stolen but found dumped. To much damage to repair but it was bad to see the gild I'd spent 10 years with in the aami yard all crooked.

Michelle when you have time, can you consider starting a thread with costs/advantages etc on this GPS tracking in Canberra as you obviously know more then most about it.

There are a few of us who are already using the GPS stuff and IMHO the more of these cesspit dwellers that realise that ACT SAUers are using them, the less likely they are to target us.

There are a few different types available, some use a service to track and others can be as simple as a pre-paid sim card for approx $20 per year (not including device) - Not bad insurance is it?

You need to do your own research because I don't want to give away too much about the devices or services I am subscribing to... but there is something out there for every budget.

For starters, although closed now due to the fact that SAU admins didn't like the no close date, it did offer an affordable solution to everyone http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Re....html&st=80 and my opinion is that instead of closing it, they should have made it a sticky to raise awareness of what is out there.

The new GPS tracking systems ive seen (someone group buys them on SAU) cost less then the standard excess. It lets you pin point exactly where it is within 50 metres using Google earth, so if the fools park it in their garage you can catch them red handed. It also reports to you how fast and which direction it is going. The one I saw just required you to buy a prepaid sim for any carrier and put credit on it, as when you sms it, it send u a text message tell you all the info. It will also sms you if your alarm goes off as it has a built in input for your alarm (attaches to siren or something) Finally if you decide to leave the cops out of it, and you are tailing it with 2-3 carloads of enraged friends you can turn off the engine via your mobile.

So not only does it track your car, it tells you when the alarm goes off and lets you turn it off incase someone just jumped it from a carpark and you are near enough to stop the engine and run out and demonstrate newtons first law XD

The group buy has ended, but the guy to talk to is gtr_z provided he still is selling them.