SAU Community

Vote On Skylines Australia Display

a20089

SAU Display  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Perhaps all join SAU because of our love of skylines and initially owning one. Once freindships are made and we move on then the freindships remain but the Skyline has been sold. I have known many who sold for one reason or another and occasionaly they come back online to keep friendships going. Snooze, Oscar, Veilside, Cassie - there are so many you have NFI.

I hear and understand your point of view, and perhaps peeps should leave it up to the individuals in our crew to decide. These folk arent going to park there Aussie ute, Diehatsu Charade, Beep Beep Farking Barina or whatever next to a Skyrine in a display. Trust in the adults to choose whats appropriate. We are considerate and certainly not dumbasses.

BTW - When you find yourself in a hole stop digging.

As I started off saying I hear whats being said. Trust in others Dude.

"Why so Serious"

PS. Check the stats. 12 dont give a rats and 10 do to some degree.

Edited by Sinista32

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hear and understand your point of view, and perhaps peeps should leave it up to the individuals in our crew to decide. These folk arent going to park there Aussie ute, Diehatsu Charade, Beep Beep Farking Barina or whatever next to a Skyrine in a display. Trust in the adults to choose whats appropriate. We are considerate and certainly not dumbasses.

Agreed. Let us be adult enough to make our own choices rather than dictate what we can or can not take to Wheels. I'm sure commonsense will prevail and people will leave their dinkies behind, but while my bum points to the ground, I won't turn a SAU member away from attending/bringing their car... regardless of make/GTR/status/rank etc

Luv youse all :)

I hope i'm not rocking the boat but....

The Skylines Australia display should be made primarily of Skylines. SAU is a Skyline enthusiast club/community and we should display the Skylines of Skylines Australia together with pride. I'm not suggesting that we ask/tell people not to come, just that a organised display would make a big impact on the public. Something like "Wow, check out all the skylines lined up in a row, so neat (or something)", instead of "Oh look, there's a skyline, and over there another GTR". Also, it doesn't need to be to extreme on the non-skyline cars. Maybe start to mix up towards the outside (?), so it doesn't affect the primary (?) display (*that sentence doesn't sound clear).

The other thing is, this is not a SAU event. It is being organised by ACT Motor club and Everyone is invited and everyone can park freely (to a certain extent I believe). If SAU did organise this event, they might be able to make this type of decision and kindly ask people if they can park in a different area.

Anyway, up to you guys...

White-cover.jpeg

Edited by StinkyPoo

Did I use too many words in a previous post?

Trust in others to do the right thing.

Don't frett as it may be many skylines and mayhaps a few other models close by.

However due to this Topic/Post I am concerned the one or two who may have shown up with really nice cars (not skylines) but SAU members - wont so they dont wreck the Nazi party. The 12 SAU'ers or so who disagree may form up elsewhere if this continues. Congrats to the Arian race.

Me not going is no great loss so neither is my post.

lol (at entire thread)
seconded haha

thirded :)

I think perhaps we're making a big deal over nothing.... maybe we should look at which non Skyline owners actually want to participate??

You may find there is no one :stupid:

I think perhaps we're making a big deal over nothing.... maybe we should look at which non Skyline owners actually want to participate??

You may find there is no one :)

Thats exactly what I believe will happen, but I refuse to dictate to SAU community as to who/what I will allow or disallow at a public event and wish that others would be as considerate and let the members make up their own mind. Unless someone can tell me otherwise, I believe we are free to make up our own minds without having someone impose such rules. I don't even care if Richards pooprah is parked beside my car :stupid: but as I have alluded to in one of my previous posts on this matter, I doubt there will be any... so why bother imposing rules?

SAU are participating in an event. All SAU members are welcome. The choice is yours.

I agree, I am guilty of making a mountain out of a molehill on this matter - but is it wrong to want to ensure we maintain an inclusive community here and not discriminate against our members because of what they drive?

Well I might as well throw my 2 bobs worth in then.

1. I am for anyone to bring along and show their car be it Skyline, Toyota or what ever. We keep the Skylines together and the other makes can be placed around the edge to enhance the display and to give non Skyline owners the privilage of helping out the display. No one should be disadvantaged.

2. Someone in an earlier post said to keep it to "Skyline imports". Statements in this forum really piss's me off. I own the best Auzzie built Skyline (GTS 2) and I might add is very reah (only 200 built) and a HR 31. Due to the HR 31 not being up to display status she wont be coming, thats unless I win lotto tomorrow the will have both there. I dont give a rats what make of Skyline it is. If you notice in the index on the Home Page there are threads about not only imports but Auzzie built as well so I asume that SAU is a place for "ALL SKYLINES".

"http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Skyline-Pics-R31-and-Earli-t231838.html" Have a look at this thread of old school Skylines and you will see what I mean.

3. We all own a car, whatever make it is and we are all members of this forum, so why does it come to a thread like this. What we should be looking at is the Display and who wants to join in.

4. If it comes to pass that MY GTS 2 isn't wanted in the display fine, no skin off my nose so will go over to the 31 Club and see what they have planned.

From me on a personal note.

We all drive cars what ever make and regardless at the end of the day we all apprecite what we drive. We need to have respect for those who by some strange chance dont drive the same make as we do.

I have probably rattled a few cages with this post but then so be it. I have been the car club scene for considerable time and have seen clubs tear themselves apart over issues like this. I dont want to see this happen.

Come on guys lets just get together and make not only the day but the display something worth while. If I am invited will do everthing I can to display the GTS 2 in the best light.

I will now get down off my soap box, jump back into my box and close the lid.

Edited by hr31gtsnt

I think something that shouldn't have been an issue has been turned into a big issue.

It's not whether the chaser is parked with us, it's that if he and others in his situation wanted to they should be able to be part of it. Wheels is about all different cars it's not a Skyline day.

As is then mentioned as well, where do you draw the line... Do you say no Aus delivered Skylines? Then does it turn to GTRs only? Heck lets throw out the R33s they're the throwbacks anyway?!

Surely Sin is a shoe in with the Poopra those looked like Nissan wheels to me!!! :devil:

The aim of car display is for general public to see different makes/models of cars, and see how the owners appreciate them. I don't think general public cares whether there's an odd one out.

I don't see any issues of non-skyline SAU members to show off their car, we just have to line them up according to the makes & models. So, all Skylines line up on one side, and other-makes can be on the other side, or at a row behind.

Like, Canberra Celica Group - where all Celica's line up on one side, but large number of their members own Corollas, MR2s, Supras, etc, just group them together for the car show. It shows them the history and variety of same model cars.

Cars come and go, but, the members who own those cars are always a part of this club.

I remember when I first joined and started meeting up with everyone, I didn't even own a car, and then it was an aussie r31 (which alot of us have started with, or even still have), which was given a good reception buy most.

And even when I rocked up at a Skyline based motorsport event in a toyota starlet, i was welcomed and everyone took it in good fun.

All I'm saying is that everyone on this forum is a skyline fan, they might not own one, but that doesn't mean we don't (didn't) obsess about them, or even pine for them.

All I'm saying is All members, members friends/family is welcome by me :blink:

There seems to be a misunderstanding about the thread.

The way I read it, was not about excluding people from events or the community, just THE SAU display (what ever that is).

Edited by StinkyPoo

Who are we to exclude any of our members from the SAU display? Its not a Skyline display, its a Skylines Australia display. Friendships on here will go way beyond this day, and those walking around won't give a sh!t if others join in. So why should we take on an elitist attitude and tell our friends they can only bring their car if its a Skyline? Are we too proud to group our Skylines next to another make of car?

As I've said before, the likelihood of anyone bringing a non Skyline is highly unlikely, however we're not going to say they're not welcome. There was no need to say that in the first place. It was better off unsaid and all would have been fine. As Sin said, we're adult enough to make up our own minds.

ummm... I dunno where I even stand on this lol.

But I would say that I think Johns question may have been taken a bit far.

Its a friendly place and I reckon that should I rock up to an event in the Datto, people would be happy for me to be there.

ummm... I dunno where I even stand on this lol.

But I would say that I think Johns question may have been taken a bit far.

Its a friendly place and I reckon that should I rock up to an event in the Datto, people would be happy for me to be there.

I wouldnt be happy Scott! - I hate anyone who owns a Z car! :banana: