SAU Community

Been A Sad Week Since I Sold My Stagea

bernardshorty

i sold my stagea on monday and have been depressed ever since. a nice 65 year old guy took it off my hands .funny thing was he knew more about stageas then most of the people i know .kind of has me buggered why a old guy would want a 290 awk stagea and is going to take it to the next level and get it tune to its full potential of mid 300 s at all 4 wheels . make me laugh that a older guy is more of a hoon then i was . it was running 23 pound and would smoke all 4 wheels easy as it was yet he still wanting more power . but it was sad to see it go it brought a tear to my eyes but time to move on . thanks to all those guys who helped me out when i was stuck .your info was really helpful .cheers bernard

Hiya,

You'll probably feel like this for 2 reasons...

i) the car you sold him was still in great condition and

ii) you haven't got another car that's anywhere near the performance of your last one.

On the issue of age, hehe

I turn 60 in 2 months time.

Pls remember that the buyer of your precious Stagea and I are both younger than Jim Richards = 67. Different perspective isn't it?

All the best with your next car. Or to pay off mortgage/house. I came back into performance cars after being a family man > but now, an empty nester.

My perspective? I don't know why people get bogged down by autos and sloppy cornerers so early in life!!! hehe

Tez

I let my Autech go about 3 weeks ago. It was pretty sad but I never got the time to drive it so there was no point having it.

Ive replaced it with a beautiful Aus delivered R32 GTR which can sit in the shed.

wat that from adelaide the gtr??

i let my s2 go and it was a sad sad day... i didnt actualy get to do the transaction dad did... but i came home a few hrs b4 it got picked up and washed her for the last time!! got my self a 260 now so im happy :(

What about me? I love my S1, fitted a new 3" cat back yesterday and I will be 70 next year. But I am still the 66.

orly?

beat no knees :( age matters not

how does the stag go now with the cat-back? loud at all, droning? must go half decent up & around your Hills area :)

Mines safe from my old man he's nearly 70 but has a dodgy ankle and cant push the clutch in!! hehe and he really wants to drive it to. Allthough he admitted he couldnt bring himself to rev it past 5k he said in his day that was our 9000rpm!

wat that from adelaide the gtr??

i let my s2 go and it was a sad sad day... i didnt actualy get to do the transaction dad did... but i came home a few hrs b4 it got picked up and washed her for the last time!! got my self a 260 now so im happy :P

nah mate, this ones from WA, gets here in 2 days yay.

nothin against the older generation just was funny no young kid snapped it up but the first older guy bought it strait up . im now a member of the jzx100 family hope i done the right thing .

You'll like the JZX100: I had mine for about 7 months: it was a decent car - 260hp@wheels, so it was only mild... I did think the build quality was significantly better than my Stagea, and RWD was a nice refreshing change! Plus the 1J sounds awesome with a decent exhaust attached... You'll have a ball!

I sold my s2 stagea last year, mainly for cost reasons plus i didn't have the money for the mods it needed to make it a really nice car.

However, I ended up getting a payrise and a few months later I'd ordered another stagea from japan. (m35 this time, was originally looking for a s2 but this one came up cheap).

That kind of tells the story. But then I've been a nissan import fan since I bought my first car (1991 silvia)...

I have a VT commodore on big wheels and new suspension and about $5k cash and im trying desperately to get back into a stagea. Just an RSfour this time.

Selling the 260 was a good move financially tho - house and etc etc.