SAU Community

Opinion on GT-t boost, Formaz

ARGH34

Personally, I'd just save up my pennies and wait till I had $2k and go down to steve @ sst and get a wolf3d installed. This will get you a full ignition/timing/fueling computer, remove your boost cuts, speed cuts and will also allow you to controll the boost as well. A safc is gonna set you back $550-$650 (depending on where you buy it) + dollars spent to tune it on the dyno. To up your boost now its gonna cost you about $100 for the bleed valve, I dunno how much the cut defenders are and then the dyno time to set it all up. Save the dosh and buy the ecu, you will get much better bang for buck.

Kym, Yes, the R34 cooler is better, but it's the overfuelling that will occur at 12psi without an SAFC that makes me say that 10psi is better. I think with a decent full exhaust the boost will rise to a reasonable figure without the need to muck around with bleeder's for the time being.

I've got a bleed valve from previous owner (uninstalled), so the only unknown cost right now is for the boost cut defender(s), depending on how many I need..

I probably will go the ECU a bit later along the line together with the FMIC, but for now I just want a cheap and effective power increase in the form of boost + front/dump pipes. Sound like a good idea?