SAU Community

R34 10th Anniversary Charity Cruise N Show N Shine

mxfly

Untitled-1.jpg

[This event post has been approved by Blitz]

This year marks the 10th anniversary inception of the mighty R34 GT-R since January, 1999. So what better way to celebrate this milestone than to organise the first ever R34 10th Anniversary Charity Cruise n Show n Shine at Mount Wilson, NSW. Just up the Blue Mountains west of Sydney.

All R34 GT-R's, GT-T's and GT-V owners are welcome to participate and we are making this event as fun and memorable as possible for everyone.

Firstly, High Performance Imports have graciously offered to attend our Event and take Photographs and a story for a future issue in the magazine.

Secondly, we have organised an Aikido group to attend the day as well. Sensei Sagiba has kindly offered his Aikido Dojo Members to attend and for them to bring along weaponry to help make photos of your cars more dramatic. We can ask them to do a demonstration with katas etc if they're willing to, as well.

On top of all the above, we will also host a Show n Shine event with prizes awarded to the following categories.

- Best engine bay

- Best interior

- Best looking wheels

- Best exterior/paintwork

- Best GT-R

- Best GT-T

- Best overall car on the day

Representative of HPI will present those prizes with the likelihood of some pics being taken for the major categories.

And there's more...! If you'd like a balance between Yin and Yang, there'll be a lady (not in a bikini but) very dignified in her Kimono. So you choose as to whether you'd like a shot of her on one side and the martial artist on the other - or two martial artists posing with your car and you, the driver.

And to keep the Boys in Blue off our backs, we ask all participants to donate a coin to our nominated charity, Deep Blue. Deep Blue is a registered charity that is currently doing research on different types of depression and suicide.

And dont forget to bring your cameras too because the autumn colours will be at their peak if there's not too much rain before then. Further info will be supplied in due course with regards to food.

Remember, this Event will be an invitation for all R34 owners nationwide to attend. So ask your mates in other states to come and billet them. We will do our best to find motels with shallow gutters and secure (enough) parking for your precious gems.

The details of the cruise as follows.

Meet at P6 at Homebush Bay at 9-9.30am April 26 in order to leave at 10 SHARP

The convoy will set off west along Hill Rd > Parramatta Rd > James Ruse Dr > Briens Rd > Old Windsor Rd

> merging with Windsor Rd at Kellyville Ridge > ByPass Rd to connect with > Richmond Rd/Windsor St

> left into Market St (otherwise there's vicious speed humps in town) > right into March St/Kurrajong Rd

> across Hawkesury R. and Bells Line Of Road > turn right into Mt Wilson after 55Km from the River.

There's ONE fixed speed camera after Kurmond and there'll be ONE organiser at the front of the GT-R group and ONE near the end. There'll be ONE organiser at the front of the GT-T group and ONE near the end as well.

Please Note: that it's your responsibility to drive safely & it's your responsibility to check this thread in that, if there's inclement weather and the Photoshoot is called off, this Event will be delayed exactly ONE week (with same times).

The highlights of this Event are...the atmosphere of this glorious spot, the drama of martial artists presenting your car at its best, the Japanese theme with a Kimono clad lady, the cruise itself, the presence of a major motoring magazine to do our story, and of course the prizes to be won and then presented by High Performance Imports staff.

For further details, PM mxfly (head organiser) or Terry_GT-R34 (co-host)

Edited by mxfly

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark your calendars NOW!

Jason the Editor of HPI would love to have some of the rarer variety come along too! In fact he knows the owners of some!

A couple of monitors have already been accepted to cruise with the GT-T/GT group, including SHANE666 and lankanboii

And don't feel left out you R32s and R33s. We have something in mind for 2010 ie 21st Anniv. and 15th Anniv. respectively

Date is now reserved for this event.

GT25 and GT-T guys please feel free to contact me or Shehan (lankanboiiR34) if you have any questions regarding the event.

Alot of time and effort has gone into organising the initial stages of this event by Eugene and Terry and it would be a good show of appreciation if we could get as many R34's as possible out there on the day. Events like this don't come around often.

Hope to see you all there!

SHANE!! Terrysaid we'll help organise the gtt/gt side of it lol :D oh yeh :)

[lOst piNkyZ]

All instructions for you and Shanil have been e-mailed.

Sleep well! Pumpkin Time!

Steve P. who owns Steve's Autobarn Blackheath has expressed interest in coming.

His E-mail sent to you Eugene.

...owns a Bayside Blue GT-R VS with white TE37s

Steve P. who owns Steve's Autobarn Blackheath has expressed interest in coming.

His E-mail sent to you Eugene.

...owns a Bayside Blue GT-R VS with white TE37s

WHAT the, my car is a blue 34 with white 19 TE37s

well i guess i have a twin then

post-16690-1236550653_thumb.jpg

im in. Ill probably have black widow in my car and might be able 2 get a yellow 34gtr v-spec 2 with black standered rims.

you might hav 2 ppl..

Jacinda might be there too...

still gotta find another wedding car hehe

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• don't do. Fricken typos. Make me look like the sheeple.
    • I could show you guys photos of wrap having been removed properly, and where the wrap was removed, paint underneath is perfect. Sections of the vehicle didn't have wrap on it, and in those areas, the paint work is destroyed because of how long it had been sitting in the hot QLD sun for many many many years. Wrap even still looked decent. Good quality wrap, and removing it properly shouldn't rip off the paint work, unless the paintwork was already shot to pieces before hand.
    • Any write ups on replacing the window motor?  I've never messed with them (or window regulators) before.   Ever since I've had the car, the driver window would roll down just fine, but most often I'd have the try a few times to get it to go up.  As soon as it started to go up, it always goes up smoothly and quietly.  Seemed like a bad switch.  But now, its stuck in the fully down position and won't come back up.  I get =12/-12V coming out of the relay/amp when pressing the switch up/down.  So the switch and amp are working.  Just a bad motor.  I've also applied 12V directly to the motor and nada.   Any help on replacing the motor?  Can the glass and regulator stay in, and only replace the motor?  Or not possible?  Thanks!!!
    • You are wrong. That's just Whiteline going along with the incorrect slanguage of the sheeple userbase. They are only correctly known as anti-roll bars. They are only incorrectly known as swaybars. They do do anything to prevent "sway". The swaybars that are fitted to trailler hitches do prevent sway. In the trailer. And they do not look like anti-roll bars. So, take your incorrect infopinion away.