SAU Community

Water Sucked Up Through C.a.i

R34Liner

why did you start another thread asking the same question?

^^ x2

If you haven't tried everything in that thread - which I'm sure you haven't why are you posting again?

You have obviously damaged something and your not up to the task of finding out what it is... It's not like is going to be a plug that isnt in all the way or something! You drove through water, you said it was bonnet height... this is not good especially when the car is trying to suck it in!!!

Bad news about the car, however, don't just post up another thread and talk about it some more - GO TO A MECHANIC and stop asking what it could be.

We can keep guessing all day though if you like...

are you really expecting a better answer than this? (from your last thread)

he's gone to much effort to explain it to you.

go get it looked at, or try the stuff thats been recommended

if theres water in your engine............

then thats the first sign ..and the culprit to many issues that can derive from that.

you think about it....at the bottom of the sump the Oil pick up /strainer will suck oil via the pump...

pump it through and under the cylinders...... the piston rings restrain most of the oil getting into the combustion......(but older engines with worn piston rings can let oil in..thats why you see the black smoke)

water is so much more fine than engine oil.....it will make it past the piston rings for sure... hence causing pinging/knocking etc.

at this point.....its hard to say....especially not being able to see the car...

but i feel that you haven't bent anything or f**ked any bearings yet........

because you haven't run it with water in the engine for extensive periods of time...

or have you?

cause from what you explained......you didn't say whether you drove it after or not..

if you did...then there is a possibility piston rings would be the first to go as well as other things...

so like i said, get engine flush....put it in...run it for a min........drain the oil

put new oil and check your spark plugs one more time.

this way you eliminate another possible culprit......

its all about diagnostics.....

Edited by Munkyb0y