SAU Community

Car Problem

kr1sh

its been happening on and off for about a week now.

wen im driving, and accelerate, it kicks in slow, like it makes a rev noise and then kicks in later. still reaches top speed n shit, but the slow kick-in is getting really ****ing annoying!

dont have time to go to mechanic for a few days coz of work so i thought i'd ask on of ur opinions!

Try making the thread title a little more specific for starters.

Have u changed anything recently?

Is it only during hot weather/ been sitting in traffic a while? maybe ure timing is off.

When it "kicks in" is it slow and subtle or does it go clunk and then pick up the pace?

So its subtle and u cant feel it apart from the lack of power right?

Could be right about the timing belt. Did u extend piping to get the kn in? could just be too much piping making more lag. maybe u should buy a stock airbox, gradenko is selling 1 :P

Originally posted by skyla

Is the car an automatic?

That was what I was thinking. If its a manual, sounds like kr1sh has a slipping clutch. But a slipping clutch is pretty damn obvious, unless the only hint kr1sh can take is the hint of cherry in cherry coke :P.

kr1sh, threads about car problems should be posted in the Maintenance forum, not General Discussion.

The expence of a clutch kit will depend on what you go for, standard is cheaper, but if you go for a heavy duty kit, you naturally pay more.

But if you are going to race the car down the strip or around the track it's well worth the extra dollars.