SAU Community

Centre Console

Guys, I have searched and have been unable to find information on pulling the dash centre console apart. I have a company that is looking at putting in some after market AV mods, however they want proper instructions on pulling the dash and centre console apart first. I have tried to download some manuals from links but I am gettig corrupt headers.

Does anyone have diagrams or instructions for this.

Cheers,

Jeff

Guys, I have searched and have been unable to find information on pulling the dash centre console apart. I have a company that is looking at putting in some after market AV mods, however they want proper instructions on pulling the dash and centre console apart first. I have tried to download some manuals from links but I am gettig corrupt headers.

Does anyone have diagrams or instructions for this.

Cheers,

Jeff

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?sh...=27203&st=0

which part?

you start at the rear of the car and work foward. read teh links above as the side lower panels are not what they seem. the slide foward and NOT out. uper panels are on screws and the screen requires EVERYTHING in its path to come out.

to get the radio out (cd player) the ENTIRE centre console has to come out. I didn't bother trying with marks car. too much effort.

this is one car I did not like pulling apart. too involved. doing it once though will make the second one easier.

what does your freind have in mind?

Gibbo, will look at my links tonight and PM.

What are you doing out of interest?

He is looking at modifying the wiring loom and also the screen inputs (possibly replacing the touch screen) so we can have an integrated GPS but also to have the onboard CD player changed to DVD/CD. Basically looking at the twin disk Mod like the BMW's have to have the map DVD in one drive and use the other for GPS.

He is basically investigating what can be done....the above is the wish list.

Cheers,

Jeff

He is looking at modifying the wiring loom and also the screen inputs (possibly replacing the touch screen) so we can have an integrated GPS but also to have the onboard CD player changed to DVD/CD. Basically looking at the twin disk Mod like the BMW's have to have the map DVD in one drive and use the other for GPS.

He is basically investigating what can be done....the above is the wish list.

Cheers,

Jeff

would be interesting to see.

google some more info on QNX and the G37 infiniti. similar system. you basically have a linux computer in front of you. so off that if you can map the base system I'd be looking at a centrafuse setup theres a LOT of info out there on that and the system itself is quite impressive.

I'll stay clear of this sort of mod. from what I can see there is a databus system looped through it.