SAU Community

Gearbox Recon

ujin

Hey guys. the syncros on my r32gtr gearbox is gone. just wanted to know wad would be the price range to recon a gearbox? and where would be a good place to get the recon done. :)

Thanks for your help!

Edited by ujin

Had the same problem as you.

I got a quote awhile back....around $1800

Believe it was Trans, gears and diffs. in Thomastown.

Drive in and leave for 3 days.

I found out I could prolong the life of the syncros by using Lightweight Shockproof.

Bursons sell it for around $120....change gear oil wait for around 500k's and presto...lol....no more problem.

20 thousand k's later and still going strong.

Highly recommend this to anyone who is having troubles with their boxes...... :D

The lightweight shockproof did sweet f**k all for my box, to engage the gears I just smash them in if they dont want to go in easily.

Is your car highly modified? If it is dont bother rebuilding it as you have a high chance of breaking it anyway. If not go right ahead.

Maybe see if you can find a S/H 33 box. Theyre newer and have less chance of being rooted. Still cheaper than a rebuild.

Im happy to just keep buying cheap S/H boxes as I break them :P 2nd box and counting!

The lightweight shockproof did sweet f**k all for my box, to engage the gears I just smash them in if they dont want to go in easily.

Is your car highly modified? If it is dont bother rebuilding it as you have a high chance of breaking it anyway. If not go right ahead.

Maybe see if you can find a S/H 33 box. Theyre newer and have less chance of being rooted. Still cheaper than a rebuild.

Im happy to just keep buying cheap S/H boxes as I break them :P 2nd box and counting!

lol yea.. engine has had a rebuild.. :) thanks for all the help guys! made my life easier! heh.

lol i ended buyin a 2nd hand box n gonna rebuild that den just swap it ova.. :) so i dun have to leave my car at the garage.. :D