SAU Community

Just Bought A Mint Hks 2530.... Ahh I Think It Is!?

hey guys just bought this turbo, no shaft play, only been usued for 20,000k..... apparently. now it has garret writen on the compressor housing, but than on the turbine it has HKS, and than also had a little metal plate attached to the turbo saying gt2530.... but it was a garret plate.

now i thought nothing of it because i am under the assumption that hks are basically garret just rebranded, but after searching my turbo i havnt found many that look like mine, most are fully branded by HKS. also most hks branaded 2530's have a different inlet into the compressor housing.... instead of a circle its more like a diamond shape inlet...

hey guys just bought this turbo, no shaft play, only been usued for 20,000k..... apparently. now it has garret writen on the compressor housing, but than on the turbine it has HKS, and than also had a little metal plate attached to the turbo saying gt2530.... but it was a garret plate.

now i thought nothing of it because i am under the assumption that hks are basically garret just rebranded, but after searching my turbo i havnt found many that look like mine, most are fully branded by HKS. also most hks branaded 2530's have a different inlet into the compressor housing.... instead of a circle its more like a diamond shape inlet...

I'm pretty sure the diamond inlet is for the GTR turbos. I understand that the HKS turbos actually use Garrett turbines with their own housing.

Hmm the housing is a bit different too mine but I have the same actuator. Its probably the same turbine but maybe in a different housing. The power/response the guy is talking about sounds similar to the HKS as well. I'd chuck it on and see how it goes, even if its a GT2860r or similar you will get very similar power from it.

Hmm the housing is a bit different too mine but I have the same actuator. Its probably the same turbine but maybe in a different housing. The power/response the guy is talking about sounds similar to the HKS as well. I'd chuck it on and see how it goes, even if its a GT2860r or similar you will get very similar power from it.

It's not that exact one just looks like it

I like how the OP says he purchased a mint HKS 2530 - yet doesn't even know what one is meant to look like :)

If you use ur brain I meant mint condition, get lost If u have no helpful info

Thanks to everyone I will check the serial number and see if it's the same

a genuine 2530 should have hks stamped on the front housing

Not true, some HKS GT2530's only have GARRET stamped on the front housing. Ive seen GTR version HKS 2530's with the big HKS on the front, but havent seen a GTS single-turbo version with the HKS on the compressor. Especially in the older ones.

Unfortunately i dont have a picture of the front of my old 2530, only the rear as shown here (right side turbo!)... sounds like its what you have?

christmas2004031.jpg

for illustration purposes, the front would look something like this:

2530.jpg

if the front end looks like the one in the link and the back end looks like the one on the right pictured above then it'll be an older 2530 or 2535. The newer 2530kai will have the hks stamped comp housing

If either are different then it's either and sr 2530 or a gtr 2530, or it's not a 2530.

HKS is another company that engineer their own turbo housings and use Garrett turbo Cores. So all HKS turbos are considered as Garrett turbos with their own housings made for specific applications.