SAU Community

Rb25 Powered Hr31 Passage Gt

thought i'd chuck up some info on my car...

its a 1989 Passage GT

Forged RB25DET

Polished and ported head

RB25 gearbox with short shift

Tomei technical trax 2way diff

600x300x76 FMIC and piping

KKR480 Turbo

Koni adjustable sports suspension

R33 4 pot front calipers with slotted rotors

R33 2 pot rear calipers with slotted rotors

Power FC + hand controller

PWR 42mm alloy radiator

bucket seats

Sparco hyper fang II 17x9 +15 all round

3" turbo back exhaust

Z32 AFM

750cc powerflow injectors

RB26 coil packs

700hp fuel pump

Gates timing belt

clear indicators

auto spoiler

ADThree R30 rear lip

boost, oil pressure, oil temp, coolant temp gauges

few other bits and pieces...

NewDyno.jpg

DSC02986.jpg

DSC02989.jpg

Picture120.jpg

Picture113.jpg

spending a bit of time tidying things up now.. main focus is the engine bay at the moment..

looked like this when i bought it..

DSC01696.jpg

after a bit of cleaning/removing/hiding, its now like this... need to get a greddy plenum to get it how i want it thought.. thats the next purchase

100_2840.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"what wrong with 235/45R17's on a 17x9?"

I guess nothing but for the fact that 235/45 are designed to go on 8's but you choose to stretch them over 9's exposing the tire walls & wheels to anything that comes along!

And the correct size for your 9's is 255/40

As you say ................. what wrong?

For me .......................... everything is wrong!!!

i think you'll find a 235/45R17 is completely legal on widths from 7.5" up to 9", with 8" being the apparent optimum width.

not to mention a 235 is the largest tyre i can fit on those rims without having issues with rubbing etc, also from a price point of view they are the best bang for your buck.

so in your opinion it's too small, and you don't like my wing.. that's fine, i setup my cars how I like them, and if other people approve, then that's just a bonus.

ps, can you please point out which part of the rim is exposed in the below picture?

100_2866.jpg

Let's see ........................ everything outside of the wheel protection bead, that really, is now doing SFA because the tire has been stretched to it's legal MAX!

Tell me this, WHY would you want to put a tire designed for 8" wheels onto anything more than 1/2" bigger when it stretches the sidewalls as you have?

im thinking that mitchy has gone with a Jap streeter style, in which rubber stretching is pretty common....

the engine is nuts, the coar looks liek youve put some effort into it, the sparcos are sweet..

but from a practicality point of view stretched rubber is a 'looks' thing.

im sure that if you were to take this to a track or strip, you might not be running this rim/rubber combo

as shown today at wakefield, street tyres start to disintegrate and go soggy, eventually loosing 2 sec per lap on average

this stretched tyre thing is for style and looks period... on a looks standpoint congrats!

as your an ACT drver by the looks of things I might end up seeing this in the flesh

from the last pic they dont look THAT extreme!

Let's see ........................ everything outside of the wheel protection bead, that really, is now doing SFA because the tire has been stretched to it's legal MAX!

Tell me this, WHY would you want to put a tire designed for 8" wheels onto anything more than 1/2" bigger when it stretches the sidewalls as you have?

Pull your head in mate, you've made your point. He's already pointed out thats the widest he can go without the tyres rubbing - and afaik the wheels came with the car, perhaps we should pass on the original owners details so you can send him an email preaching your opinions on tyre fitment?

Btw if you think that's stretched you've got your head in the sand.

mag86 - i'm actually in WA, the car came from ACT, you might see my old legnum super vr-4 over there though. :banana:

ghostwhinger - still going? wow, you must like your bulging tyres/muffin tops.

i don't know about you, but i wouldn't even consider a 235 to be 'stretched', as you can see the rim is contained within the tyre...

100_2798.jpg

Mate that is a sexy car - i think anyone with an R31 should be aspiring to that.

Ghostrider you sound like the JOHOVAS WITNESS of car modifiers - your entitled to your opinion and belief but honestly... get over yourself. Hop on your pushbike and knock on someone elses door.

Car looks mint, and all goes together well, doesnt look mis-matched like a lot of the other modified cars getting around.

nice line man, should go 215s..

i tried 215's and 225's on the front as the 235's rub under hard cornering, the 225's looked fine, 215's looked a bit too stretched for my liking.

ended up back with 235's all round though.. they are cheaper than 215/225's, and it only just touches the guard (which has already been rolled) on hard corners, so there is no damage to the tyre.

it's only because its quite a wide and low offset rim (9" +15) that it rubs, but i love how it fills the guards.

215/45R17 on 17x9

DSC00146.jpg

to the guy who says 235 on a 9 inch tyre is wrong,

these are my rims, i have 235/40 tyres on 9.5 inch rims with no problems what so ever.

so umm you're wrong pal, little bit of stretch not only looks awesome but allows you to fit nice rims on your car

17012009142.jpg

Edited by inthisglass