SAU Community

R34 Gt-t Indicator Not Cancelling

joeyg23

Hi guys, the indicators on my R34 GT-T are not cancelling when i rotate the steering wheel.

I had the Nissan stealership look at it, but they said they need to book it in for a couple of days to take everything apart and get to the bottom of it and decide what parts need replacing.

Is anyone able to confirm what controls the indicator cancelling?

Is it something in the indicator stalk assembly pictured below? or is it some sort of collar switch around the steering hub?

93ff_1.jpg

Isn't a self cancelling steering wheel run of two bars on the back of steering wheel. These wear out. So a new steering wheel and boss kit has its own two bars, that are new, so it will self cancel again.

Hi guys, the indicators on my R34 GT-T are not cancelling when i rotate the steering wheel.

I had the Nissan stealership look at it, but they said they need to book it in for a couple of days to take everything apart and get to the bottom of it and decide what parts need replacing.

Is anyone able to confirm what controls the indicator cancelling?

Is it something in the indicator stalk assembly pictured below? or is it some sort of collar switch around the steering hub?

93ff_1.jpg

lol Nissan Stealership..good call..those guys are an absolute rip off

Hmmm ok...so there's one vote to replace the indicator stalk assembly and one vote to replace the steering wheel.

Renegade could also be right and it's easy to check for. Take the steering wheel off and see if the lobes are intact.

Usually though, one side will wear quicker than the other so it will cancel one way, but not the other. When it won't cancel at all, it's usually the stalk.

Call Nissan and ask for a price on a replacement stalk - Make sure you're sitting down first. Then call a wrecker and ask for the same thing. You'll see why a lot of import owners learn to do their own repairs.