SAU Community

9.8l/100km

ahh 33 s2

hey all

went down south this weekend and was suprised at how my fuel consuption went.. went from carine caltex to capel and then back to the same servo and did some quick math and got 9.8L per 100km. sure this comprised of majority off boost driving but when i drive around too and from work i am almost using 55L for 350 km (15.7L/100km) and that is also off boost drivng apart from 2 WOTs on the way home (onto ried and freeway) and when i drive with a bit of boost i struggle to get close to 300km.

just some "fuel" for thought

pardon the pun

Dan

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my run home from the busselton sprint I managed 9L/100Ks flat :D This is in a 387HP atw GTR to... amazing what u can get with a good tune if you don't floor it.

I get arround 12.5 to 13.5L to the 100Ks on my usual in city run around to

A car is never on boost when doing a constant speed in high gear like 100km/h in 5th. It will idle at like -20psi. And cruise between -10 to -15 psi. It will only be on boost at +1 or more boost. Due to it accerelating.

My stock auto car is constantly using between 12.5 to 15.5L per 100km depending on the driving conditions. Guessing the auto transmission is sucking up all the fuel... :D

Are you sure? Cos I'm sitting right in the power band, I can hear the turbo spooling and when I take my foot off the accelerator I can hear the gasses being pushed back out the air filter.

If it's not making boost it's definitely spooling.

daniel, why is your fuel so bad?

should be getting at least 400 to a tank

I'll be lucky if i get 300-350kms in city driving in my r33....

I dont drive off-boost all the time, but even if i try to actually drive nicely in city driving and get as much out of a tank, i'll still only get 350kms max....

Anywho, my car needs a tune....

Check your boost guage. I have two seperate ones that run seperate lines. They both say -13psi when crusing at 100km in 5th at like 2700rpm. That is not ON boost. But if I then accelerate, because its high enough rpm for my turbo tohit full boost by 3000rpm. If u slowing push in the accelerator to hold a speed, then it will not be on boost, so hold it there to cruise. BUT if you accelerate hard and slowly let ur car come to a constant speed, then it will be on boost more so like -9psi, and u will hear ur turbo.

An engine is designed to accelerate. But if u want a constant speed it is throttled (less air is given) so it doesn't speed up. Hence crusing.

LOLs. My fuel consumption ranges from 8.7(country trips) to 14L/100km. It all depends on how I drive, if I nanna it, which I do most of the time now I get around 10-11L/100km.

daniel, why is your fuel so bad?

should be getting at least 400 to a tank

yeh i have no idea aye its def due a retune. its been 2 years.. i have tried all the other little things like o2 replacement i have a cat the only fuel mod i have is a pump on standard injectors and reg.. hmmmm

so me usage isnt as good as i thought.. bummer

i done a check on mine a couple of days ago and getting 12.5l/100 or 400ks to 51 ltrs. alot of traffic driving. im pretty happy with that. hopefully it wont change to much when i fit the 600cc injectors and PFC and wind the boost up. (hopeful thinking). still running the auto diff, think that is 4.3 too

Edited by Pal

change your oxygen sensors if you want better fuel economy ppl! if that dont work, flow test your injectors and repair/replace if neccessary, my r33 averages 420/430km to 50L of city driving and im on boost alot, pretty good for a 6 id say

my s14 would get 500kms to 50L :P