SAU Community

Vote 4 Go-Kart Venue! QUICK!!

skylineakt

Here you go. To let you guys have a say on which venue to have the Go-Kart event.

I think it is out of AceKart (Sunshine) and AustKarts (Port Melb) at the moment.

If there are any other suggestions, I will add them to the poll. But be quick as booking will need to be made soon.

For those guys that voted in 'Go-Kart' thread please vote here as well to which venue interest you.

For those guys that doesn't know what is going on?!?! Check out the 'Go-Kart Day' thread. hehe :P

Well that's about it. Vote quick so we can determine which venue and make a booking.

Cheers

:(

if its in scumshine i wont be going... too far.

port melbourne is about the limit id go for karting due to the fact im on the other side of the city.

ba..nice cars are for DRIVING, thats what they are for - driving places.

Anyway, seeing as the dyno day Phat32 is speaking of is probably down that way, i think its going to be a good opportunity to combine them.

Go to dyno, then go gokarting while still over that side of the city. So my vote goes to sunny skunshine (AceKart).

Although Port Melbourne to sunshine is only like 20mins anyway from what i remember

Yeah I have already pm Phat32 to see if we can come up with something. Will be good to have a Dyno & Kart day together.

AusKarts opens till pretty late so we could even do the go-kart in the evening.

Also give a change for everyone to get together for Jamezilla to have a proper meeting and know what's happening with the club.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys it is official now!!

The Go-Kart day is going to be next week on the Nov 1st Saturday and the VENUE IS!!!!!

PORT MELBOURNE.. hehe

The poll has been going for a while now and it seems that more people prefer AustKart at Port Melbourne.

Will make the booking sometime today to oragnise a time for us to squeeze in.

I know there is the Dyno thing as well at Brooklyn on this day so most likely the Go-Kart event will be sometime in the afternoon say about 5 pm and than maybe after we all can go for a bite and have a small meeting with Jamezilla in regards to the SAU offical club.

And since we are in South Melb, I guess the KEG at Albert Park seems like the best choice so far.

Keep posted to the finer details, will be up soon.

GUYS!! It is all confirmed!!

Booking has been placed and deposit put down.

So the final details are:

AustKarts (Port Melbourne)

November 1st 2003 SATURDAY

Booking under Skyline Australia.

Race Starts: 6.00pm

Got to be there by 5.30 pm the latest.

40 lap race

Cost: $48 per person

I'm thinking that we all meet there at 5.00pm have a chat and meet some new people before we all get strap in for some actions!!

It is going to be great even, so everyone that registered please show!!

Cheers

Aaron

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• This morning I carefully reinstalled the manifold and started looking at a couple of things I need to do.  Heat wrap arrived sometime today so I popped into the shed with the missus dishwashing gloves and started wrapping the first half of the dump and the screamer/plumb back.  Once I do the second half I'll be able to final fit the turbo and exhaust up.  Also pulled the harness out today and started terminating it at the ECU end. A connector is done, just need to run the remaining wires that arent in the harness - 12v, gnd and couple I/O
    • A31 is pretty much the same thing without HiAIDS I mean CAS, no improvement lol. Not to late to send it.
    • Thanks for all the replies! I also wanted to ask if wheels that were fitted on Ford Falcons would fit the 350GTs as well? In the area I'm at there aren't that many options for secondhand wheels and new ones here are way out of my budget. From what I've seen, most of the wheels that are available that were fitted on Ford Falcons have an offset of +33 to +36, with a centre bore of 70.5mm whereas the stock 350GT's ones are 66mm, can't seem to find any hubcentric rings that fit that difference though. 
    • 215/45/18 tyres are probably a little on the low side compared to the factory tyre, it should be closer to a 245/45/19, which will get you about an extra 11mm of height, and should make you speedo read a bit closer to reality. 245/45/19s will be a bit too far the other way and you risk a speeding ticket as your speedo might read slower than your actual speed.  245/40/19s would be correct if you are going to 19in rims, they will give you a similar total diameter to the 245/45/18 tyres.  
    • That's something I forgot to put in my list. The aggressive anti-squat in R32 is a f**king menace. I still need to decide if I'm going to drag the subframe out of my car and weld in the GKTech corrector kit. The main reason to dither is the need to switch to spherical joints in the lower arm to account for the twist induced in the rear pivot caused by lowering the front pivot. And yes...we do put better subframes in R32s, and I wish I'd gotten an S14 one instead of an A31 when I did the "take off and nuke it from orbit" HICAS delete all those years ago.