SAU Community

Took off my kick panel to find........

kik-ass

High all, removed my left kick panel to install my new Power FC:D and found this. Looks like stock ECU but has a Mine's plate with serial no. on it. What does this mean?? Has it got a daughterboard or something in it? I know the stock ECU's are locked so what has been done? It will probably be up for sale in the near future once I know what it's worth

Score!!!

Would seriously consider putting it on a dyno (if you haven't already) to see what the AFR's are like. i.e. make sure the ecu that is installed, isn't leaning out the mix too much due to the better fuel it was prob tuned on. Either way, i'd sell it and have an ecu that more people in this country know how to tune.

Adrian

I have had the car for over 2 years now, runs sweet as. I always thought something was strange because the rev limiter doesn't cut in until around 8,000rpm or higher, and when I accidentally set my bleed valve wrong and boost went off my 20psi gauge the boost cut never cut in. Also I have the car over 220, definitely no speed cut either!! When I go to get the Power FC dyno tuned, I will make sure I get a run on this ECU first.

thats like with my car!

i found this cool little plate with IMPUL racing written on it... it had clamps and looked like it belonged somewhere in the engine bay//

i was like... cool, theres some IMPUL work on my car!

but then i looked down at the pedals and realised that it clipped perfectly over the accelerator, prolly just taken off and put in the glovebox for compiance. not sure if its meant to be for that? but it fits nicely around it, so i now have an IMPUL pedal. anywayz... i got all excited for nothing...

It'll do nicely for a few basic mods - but if you need to do anything too extravegant you'll have to send it back to Japan for repogramming.

Its better than the stock ECU, probably saves you having to buy an S-AFC, but its not the worlds greatest thing way down south.

This topic has been covered previously. May get $600 for it.

ur car must have been running preety lean unless u were running on 98 + some octane booster or other additives with that mines ecu

It would run lean as the mines ecu is tuned for 100+ octane jap fuel. Even if you just plug in the pfc and drive around and give it a glogging the engine check light will come on as it the base igniton and fuel maps are set for the jap fuel.

yes it would cause slight detonation but unless u know what you are listening for you wouldnt know!

normal jap ones are ok but the mines one is mean to have real steep ign and fuel maps. Also depend on the mods done to the car when mines did the tune 2 i guess

I also have a mines ECU in my R32 GTST...it has no speed limiter...i got the fuel all checked out and it was running lean...but only cos the old fuel pump was stuffed...put in a new fuel pump and she doesnt run lean anymore

i always thought the car ran rich. When I bought the car, it was totally stock engine-wise, but it did have set of platinum plugs in a 7 heat range. Had the head off recently and internally the motor is very healthy. Only ever run it on 96-98 octane fuel, no booster. So all I know is that it ran the car fine in stock trim, and runs it sweet as with a full exhaust, front mount and more boost.