SAU Community

Headlight Restoration

hoony

hey guys,

what can i buy from where for how much and what would i have to do with it to clean the gross murky look of my headlights

thanks,

Andrew

depends how bad they are, when i first bought my car they weren't too bad, but noticeably yellow. i just use carnauba wax from mothers, i got a clay bar, small bottle of wax and instant detailer for around $30 from autopro, dont sand them unless they're really really bad and clearcoat them or something, i did this on my mazda and they turn yellow every few days now. heres a pic of the wax i use (on the left) vdjspf.jpg on the bottle is says 'removes oxidation' which is that yellow shit. this stuffs pretty good, i wash my car once a week and i only have to wax my lights once a month, all u need is one quick coat which takes 2 minutes.

heres pics when i 1st got my car

2e0oe36.jpg

149waxk.jpg

esng35.jpg

and heres pics now

1tpxfs.jpg

2n65dep.jpg

pics arnt the best sorry, they wernt taken for the headlights, there just random pics on my comp

Edited by jimmys-33T

PM N1GTR he was having a group buy thing for head light reconditioning that was ment to run until june i think but had to shut it down early... it was going to be like $140 ish i think from memory but was a pro job and would take about a week in sydney.. he could prolly give u a number to fix it up for good. or i use mothers plastic polish works a treat and lasts about a month or so

GlassyLite!! i bought it at a car show last year as a last resort before i bought new headlights.

mine were as yellow as an old mans teeth that smoked a pack a day for at least 30 years. then come up very clear.

i don't really have any before or afters but highly recommend!

http://www.glassylite.net.au/webspecial.htm :P

so do you take out the headlight and clean the inside or just scrub the sh*ts on the outside?

With GlassyLite its like a cut n polish but for your head lights. It comes with real fine sandpaper to get out the real cruddy stuff which you sand with running water on it, then apply cleaner and shine followed by the sealant. all done on the exterior!

hey guys,

what can i buy from where for how much and what would i have to do with it to clean the gross murky look of my headlights

thanks,

Andrew

check this out as an idea.....the 2nd pic is after glassylight on the drivers side only b4 they put on the crystallite (tint)

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...t&p=4552606

+1 for glassylite. used it last weekend and it works very well. the last stage of the process includes a super high gloss sealer that makes them look really good. it's sold on eBay but I bought it off glassylite.net.au for about $35.

I tried Meguires PlastX today, and was shocked at how perfect they came up! Within 5 minutes they looked brand new.

I'm bringing it to the show, so we can do it there if you want. Soooo easy, and free :P

And yes, toothpaste does actually work!