SAU Community

R34 Gtt 4 Door Stylin Bodykit - Sneak Peek

• 3 weeks later...

sorry guys lifes been hectic lately and things ground to a hault for a bit.

Goes in Monday to get the kit fitted up and sprayed. cant wait to see how it turns out!

B3ZA you have me intrigued??? Did you get the same bar for yours and when??? Show us already i wanna see!!!

Got any finished pics? Im interested in this kit too can you pm me!!

that rear bar copies the nismo one (not to be confused with the altia kit that is sometimes called a nismo kit) but makes it a bit chunkier so it will look something like this on the back but on a 4door nd more squared off edges

carsale03.jpg

thats hot! i prefer the corners and blend lines on that bar as it comes around to the vents!

Ok some progress pics. The front bar first. It was real bashed around by transport from overseas or wherever it came from. Cracks, chips, n scuffs but none the less intact. I dont think it'll last long at all but we'll see what happens. Here's it fitted up.

post-61816-1250128257_thumb.jpg

post-61816-1250128286_thumb.jpg

post-61816-1250128307_thumb.jpg

The rear bar so far looks too skirty for my liking and really boxed off the ass alot, but until the sideskirts are on im hesitant to judge. I'll give it time once its painted and see how it stays in my eyes, but chances are im going to end up getting it removed and modified to remove the skirt in favour of something a litlle less in ya face.

post-61816-1250128440_thumb.jpg

post-61816-1250128483_thumb.jpg

thats hot! i prefer the corners and blend lines on that bar as it comes around to the vents!

your bar suits the look of the 4 door anyway, imo the bar is just right, not too aggessive in styling but a big presence. With the right sideskirts to complement the rear bar it will be a very schmick look

if that was my car I'd look at making the boot flush and remove the wing as it looks small and out of place with the bar, I'm not a fan of huge spoilers anyway

looks good and waiting for the finished product :P

• 2 weeks later...

guys if anyone can help i wanna swap wheels - see thread here http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Sw...to-t285819.html

Im also looking for an R34 GTR wing now, preferably in grey

anyway kit time

post-61816-1251687051_thumb.jpg

post-61816-1251687076_thumb.jpg

its back from paint with definately a few issues.

The respray i had planned is now definately coming forward to January. The problem was simple, the rear got repaired when i bought the car and the colour they used was too dark. The fuel door was then used to match which means the kit is too dark and especially obvious up front. It was always going to be an issue as my car has obviously had sprays before and is a bit of a grey tone rainbow goin on. The only reason we didnt respray was timing, as he cant do a full spray until later this year. Its ok i guess, given the OTHER ISSUES i have to fix now before its fully resprayed and the money i saved on not going the full respray now got invested in the project car... Perish the thought if id had a full respray done with the kit as it is.

The front bar

put lightly its shit. The supplier he used was not the normal one and in this case the product quality suffered bad! Pin holes and voids all over it, the thing was twisted cracked and generally roughed around badly. The end result having the top secret front bar looks great for sure but the paint when you get up close shows the pinholes and voids that were missed. He lost count after 600 and said there were thousands easily. Problem being until its painted you dont see them all...

If your shopping with rob dont stress though as this supplier wont be used again.

The sideskirts

theyre an interesting line on the 4 door. Unlike most they dont come up to the base of the doors, instead sitting a little lower. Its not quite the slick integration i hoped for but none the less the overall lines of the sideskirt from front to back linking the front bar to rear is good. Im pretty happy with them i guess. The quality of Robs skirt was great, no holes or issues and they fitted and painted up well.

post-61816-1251687164_thumb.jpg

The rear bar

symetry is the key to me. and in this regard its an epic fail. The bar fit perfectly across the back and was super high quality, wrapped nicely but then you take a look at the skirt on the left against the skirt on the right and you instantly see the problem.

The nismo bar above is similar to what i thought i was getting and wanted in the lower corner areas but the skirt was what i got. I figured oh well it's just going to rice up or look fatter a tad. The left side looks pretty good but the right makes baby jesus cry...

Pics

post-61816-1251687842_thumb.jpgpost-61816-1251687869_thumb.jpg

post-61816-1251687508_thumb.jpg

Let me just say im still happy with Rob and the Fibre Crazy guys. just got some issues to sort out and given its a first of its kind im keen to work with him on sorting it out not just for me but for the mould that all future bars will be made from.

I'm going to get the rear bar modified to look more like the nismo one above (removing the skirts totally on rear bar) to give it the fluted look from the rear wheels back. See how the front bar lasts and keep my options open before a full respray in January. Better that this gets sorted now before the full respray thats for sure.

under $1500 mate. No doubt it looks mean for sure. I like mean, but i just hate the apron look. Its only a personal opinion and in some cases (like s15's) i love it!

just ordered my r34 gtr wing it's on its way for a nice price $220! WOOP!

gotta sort wheels and im talking to rob about what we can do to mod it for me and get the mould right when its taken off my bar to fix the right hand side.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

woah i feel bad i never replied to you like half a year ago haha.. only just saw this.. yeah i'll show you the rear bar/lip i use to have got rid of it a while ago not the same but pretty identical! looks very similiar

post-45807-1263868616_thumb.jpg

Im sorry to rain on your parade, but thats one of the worst colour matches ive ever seen!

And that rear bar is so off im surprised they actually sell them!

The side skirts seem to fit ok though.

• 3 months later...