SAU Community

Skyline vs M3.

JimX

Ive own both a BMW and A merc give me a merc any day of the week M3's are nice toys and exactly that they are for people who need the tax benifits. they go well. but the finish and reliabiliy of the merc is King.

but guess what I'd rather a skyline as my car the missus can have the merc and she might in a couple of years the looks are so unique.

also the young guys in question realise that a skyline is with in their reach where as a M3 is harder to attain.

Meggala

No way Meggala,,,MERC'S are no better than BMW's,,,,I exchange stories with two leading Sydney Merc dealers at least 4 times a week,,,,We try to top each other,,,,What about an AMG monster missing it's compression rings off No7 Cylinder....Hand built hey,,,,,He must have been down the Pub at lunch time....The Audi guy's say nothing,,,,Wonder why.....

I'll have an 1997 Dakar Yellow M3 6 speed before any Merc.....

Neil.

Originally posted by meggala

I'll take an e500 no amg for me thanks.

they are nice.

meggala

Yea E500 would be real cool,,,,but a Nissan or a Horsley built RX7-SP would be better,,,,Funny,,,everybody thinks the Germans make the best cars,,,,Incorrect.....

Neil.

I nwever said they make the best cars I like mercs

my 450 sel drove home with no pump exhaust manifold and was only half full with transmission fluid. they are so over engineered.

the only time we needed a tow truck was when the missus ran out of petrol. and the racv guy thught itwas some thing else.

as for spare parts.

every thing was at least 1k a single exhaust manifold cast for a v8 was 3 k from merc. and 1500 from a wrecker I got one custom made for 700.

you need to be able to maintain them. but what a Pimpin mobile it was.

m

Megs,,,everybody thinks they do,,,,just thought I would bring the germans back down a rung or two.....

I'll still have an E39 M5,,,,,,

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Majanal

JimX,

Know the feeling.

haha like at the DTM Dyno Day? A fair few of the boys are letting go of their BMWs to buy GTRs. Just for the $/HP ratio.

http://www.bmwm5.com/vbulletin/showthread....&threadid=20557

check ^ thread for a s/c'd M5, of course no the first but it was a private car not a works/shop car...

stu appleby has a nice m5 in florida which has a few nice nowack bits on it too