SAU Community

Skyline vs M3.

JimX

No, nothing to do with racing, just head-turning :( I was behind an M3 last night in heavy traffic going towards the city. At one point on the side of the road was a bunch of guys standing around talking. One of them looked my way and pointed, and the whole group all had a good look at my car as it went past. I didn't notice any of them pay any attention to the M3! :P

JimX.

jimx: is ur skyline modified? heavily?

Cuz id look at a modified skyline over a stocky M3..(not many ppl modify their M3 ...cept sum hehe)

But wouldnt you say that "young" ppl stare at skylines more than Bm's n stuff...

neways maybe that lets you know why u got the looks...im glad you got the looks heheeh sucked in to the guy who spent $100K hehehe

mc

:shake:

Originally posted by soopamarcus

im glad you got the looks heheeh sucked in to the guy who spent $100K hehehe

mc

:shake:

i don't think he'd care for some reason.

sorry to break up your party but looks isn't what it's all about. i'd rather have the m3 over any gtst or gtr anyday of the week.

Who cares who'd rather have what or which car is better? If it was about speed or even lap times around Eastern Creek, my TLR would probably ownz0r the M3 anyway, but who really cares? I never said my car was better than an M3, and I never said the M3 sucked. All I was talking about was a bit of attention my car got, which made me feel a little special. That's all. I'm allowed to have that aren't I? :(

Soopamarcus, my car's not externally visually any different from stock (well, unless you count the FMIC and 3" exhaust). It does have a T04 turbo and Apexi pod in it though, which makes for some cool induction noises. That could have been what made the first guy turn his head in the first place.

JimX.

Originally posted by JimX

That's all. I'm allowed to have that aren't I? :(

:lol:

settle down mate, i was just pointing out to soopermarcus that the driver of the m3 prolly didn't care about what others think of his cars looks. if he did he, at 100k you can buy yourself a damned better looking car than the m3.

anyhoo, everyone loves that bit of attention you get with the skyline. i'm glad you enjoyed it and i'm sure you'll get more of it in the future.:P

Originally posted by JimX

Who cares who'd rather have what or which car is better? If it was about speed or even lap times around Eastern Creek, my TLR would probably ownz0r the M3 anyway, but who really cares? I never said my car was better than an M3, and I never said the M3 sucked. All I was talking about was a bit of attention my car got, which made me feel a little special. That's all. I'm allowed to have that aren't I? :(

JimX.

jim,

you made it quite clear to me that you did care who'd have what car and which car is better when you pointed out "...didn't notice any of them pay any attention to the M3! ..."

i'm merely illustrating that the bunch of guys who obviously envied you and your skyline over the M3 was a small and somewhat inaccurate sample set of the population who would otherwise look at an M3 over a Skyline...

but, you probably have a very nice example skyline and obviously a very fast track car and im not denying any of that - and agree that the skyline does attract a certain crowd....

Originally posted by franks

jim,  

you made it quite clear to me that you did care who'd have what car and which car is better when you pointed out "...didn't notice any of them pay any attention to the M3! ..."

No, I really don't care :( It's not like I would have been insulted if they had looked at the M3 and not my car, it wasn't even something I was thinking about beforehand. It just surprised me, I wasn't expecting it, and just something I thought I'd write a post on because I got a bit of a big head over it. I've gone from owning a loud V8 VS Commodore the past 4 years, where the only looks you get are "where the hell is that obnoxious noise coming from?" :P

No one's meant to take this to heart, not even the guy who owns the M3! I know he has the more expensive/better car.

JimX.

All E46 M3 sale enquires will be forwarded to me....I just love Spotters fees....Got $145000 to $165000 to spend,,,, I'm your man.....

Neil

Canterbury BMW

02 9559 1133

Originally posted by brendanf

Bl00dy Hell - That's 6.6 R33 GTS-ts...........

or 2-3 GTRs

or 1 Mutha of a GTR

I know which I'd prefer !

Now you know why I own a Nissan,,,,,These day the Nissan is a better built car anyway,mmmmmm,,Scary hey....

Actually,,,,All said and done,,,I'd like an M5,,,big fat quad cam,,,4 valve V8,,,,can't wait till someone starts playing with one in this country....

Neil.

Originally posted by ONARUN

how so neil?

i find that very very hard to believe.

George,,When a new model is released,,,we use an intra-net posting site to post all problems before the cars are released to the public and afterwards,,,,I can't post any here. I can give one little tit-bit though,,,,When my wife did BMW,,,,one of the 1st E36 318i's came to this country with only one rear shock.....Now that quality control.....

Neil.