SAU Community

Need A Straight Answer

GoAhead

hey all,

basically i need a straight answer, ive been searching for about an hour now over a variety of websites and i cant get a straight answer. im looking at changing my steering wheel, but i want to keep the car legal. what are the rules involving this? ive heard it has to be either momo or isotta with the correct boss kit and paper work to match? is this true? or can it be any steering wheel?

also interested in knowing the rules regarding a pod filter? anyone know what the legal rules are regarding this?

im trying to avoid attention from the men in blue as much as i can (alot harder lately i know).

cheers in advance

Michael

If your car came with srs airbag, then you must retain the srs airbag.

Pod filters must be bolted to engine bay. But better off with std airbox with high flow filter (K&N etc).

Straight enough for you? :rofl:

Stick with the standard airbox and upgrade your panel filter. Maybe look at getting your steering wheel retrimmed instead of buying aftermarket?

keep the airbox as above with a K/N style filter, and dont oil it to death or it will kill the AFM sensor wire .

if your car had a airbag stock on the steering wheel, it cant be changed unless its a airbag replacement model. $$$$$$$

retrim it is cheaper , or buy a furry cover ,,,toilet seat cover conversion

and like cara said ,,,,call them,, and expect 4 different answers on what is legal...lol

thanks guys, luckly its not an air bag steering wheel so ill do some more research, thanks cara ill give them a call...we'll see how far i get before im given another number to ring

another thing to consider, was it HICAS or ATTESSA (obviously with a GTS-T/GT-T this doesn't apply) that could possibly be effected by a aftermarket wheel?