SAU Community

Gtr Twin Plate Clutches

NPC twin plate, engagement is smooth (unlike os giken etc), pedal is pretty easy, definately daily driver material and only about $2050 from memory. Handles 600awhp (rev limiter drag launches) on my 1750kg car no drama and would definately reccomend them.

The best part is they are only about $300-$400 to rebuild, where as os giken etc are like $1200 etc to rebuild.

That's a definite plus; and is worth considering. I think I got about 40k km out of my OS including various trackdays etc. before it needed a rebuild.

I guess rebuild cost should be considered along with longevity and the other factors.

My twin plate is massive, its bigger than the os giken quad plate i had before.

... which isn't surprising :) Quad plates means you don't need so much diameter to get the same amount of contact area...

Cheers,

SW

Howdy Matt

Bolts were supplied with the Clutch so no probs there yeah around 5mm shorter

Since the original post ive since removed the clutch and found that some grease had came out of the spigot bush and contaminated the flywheel to friction plate ,Sooo

once it goes back in id say any shudder would again be minimal or eliminated (grease cleaned up and machined off) , still a light pedal and close to standard operation , though still launches hard and positively as the clutch should

i still have a high grab point (grabs around the last quarter travel of the clutch pedal ) some say thats normal yours being a 33 and pull type will be quite different

where does yours grab close to floor or close to steering wheel?

So far I have only driven a HKS Twin Plate.

Heavier on the pedal than most about... Was not that heavy.

Plate rattle is quiet in comparison... Was loud, almost a "tearing" sound.

Clutch Grab is a positive and awesome 10 out of 10... Yes it was awesome!

Pedal feel is excellent and driveable in traffic... Was a pain in the ass, if you get lazy / tired, not much play, it was either in or out.

Replacement plates (rebuild kits) 5 out of 10 (cost bit over half of new clutch)... I bought the Nissan OEM R32 GTR Single Plate.

Durability of Clutch... Previous owner would have most probably gave it hard, it lasted me about 2 years of ownership till replacing it with OEM clutch.

A very good clutch for drag / circuit just to slam it in and out, a lot of grab and launched the car quite fast.