SAU Community

R32 Vs R33

buckets

Serious reply... for once..

Out of the 2 options of R32 GTST or R33 GTST, if you are asking which one is faster in a straight line, which is faster around a track, which handles better etc..

the answer is an S13 with SR20det.

The lightest R32 GTST is an 89 model with no ABS weighing 1290kg (dry)

The SR S13 is 1170kg

For $10K, you could get a very decent S13.

the only things I don't like about S13's????

Brakes

interior seats and trim

solution?

R33 GTST hubs/brakes

S15 GT interior

Problem solved.

It's better in every way.

I've had 2 RB20 R32's and my current (for sale) R33 gtst.

word of advise...

if you think that you may one day in the future want to change cars, DON'T buy an R33. lol

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious bable....... This topic is about the choice out of a stock 32 or 33, but really who cares what you can do with 15k with any other car?

The better choice would be the stock 33

If your going to mod with big $$ maybe the 32 is a better choice

If your going to mod with less $$ maybe the 33.

Both are weapons with the right mods.

word of advise...

if you think that you may one day in the future want to change cars, DON'T buy an R33. lol

what a stupid thing to say.

Why did you buy your R33 ? You don't think there's an abundant amount of young drivers eager to get behind the wheel of one?

whilst some people think the R33 looks like a boat and is too slow/big compared to their fully sik 80's style 32 rust bucket, it happens to be the more popular model. Doesn't it. .. Wonder why.. I'm sure the more popular model is going to have a much harder time selling than the less popular ones. [sarcasm]

Not everyone is looking to get the lightest piece of sh*t with the biggest engine. Some people prefer a whole package. (Much like PC vs Mac)

I have a stock 97 gtst and it's one of the nicest cars I have driven, it's like a brand new car & never fails - especially against a stock R32 gtst.

And yes as people have been saying, when it comes down to it you can make either go faster with money - so if that's your plan why not get the better, newer, safer car?

Edited by Midnight Madness

Serious reply... for once..

Out of the 2 options of R32 GTST or R33 GTST, if you are asking which one is faster in a straight line, which is faster around a track, which handles better etc..

the answer is an S13 with SR20det.

Lol, sorry for the re-post .. but what a tool.

From the factory?

R33.

R32 does not have any real advantage over the R33 in any way at all. (70kg weight or so).

I think you'd be best to look for a tidy, reasonably priced manual R33 s2. Ignore the odo too, anything less than ~25k kms per year has almost certainly been wound back.

Edited by RedEmblem

I own a 32, but have recently been given a drive in all the other models both at skidpan & on the street & with varying stages of tune.

The 33 handles surprisingly well in stock form & the little bit of extra weight isn't too much of an issue, the 25 over the 20 is tho. A far better power curve with day to day driving a little easier as you really dont have to drive the car that hard as the 2.5 really is a nice motor.

The 34 is another kettle of fish altogether. The weight is really quite noticeable, but the improvements with the suspension & handling differences is remarkable over the other two models.

Both the 33 & 34 are probably better for the larger guy as more cabin room is immediately obvious but I will stick with the R32 as I prefer the shape over the other two, but I will be upgrading to the RB25DET NEO from a 34 when my motor finally dies.

I guess the best combo for me would be a R32Gtst, with the RB25DET Neo motor & upgraded front suspension & brakes from the R33Gtst.

I have remapped my ECU from Sam aka Dr Drift & my car will keep up with a R33 with pod & zorst only going on my merry way once the 33 hits spd limiter & I dont so up high in the rev's I dont suffer at all-but down low is another story also.

At the drags I took a couple of R34's in stock trim so the RB20DET is nothing to be sneezed at with a little massaging to balance the scales a bit-

So, my friend buy what ever takes you after a drive of it cause at the end of the day-the only opinion that matters is yours when it comes to your car :P

At the drags I took a couple of R34's in stock trim so the RB20DET is nothing to be sneezed at with a little massaging to balance the scales a bit-

How does it go against stock Ls2's... :P

How does it go against stock Ls2's... :)

I tried to line up against him but I think he may hav been too scared :P , LOL, how are you Col? You coming to the QR circuit day matey?

Disagree the the Neo is the go Todd all the things that make it better in stock form get turfed in the bin as you mod and they are more expensive to begin with

Disagree the the Neo is the go Todd all the things that make it better in stock form get turfed in the bin as you mod and they are more expensive to begin with

Thanks Bunta, interesting info-will have to take that on board :D

Midnight madness - selling an R33 is near impossible... you'll find that out when you try to sell yours.

from your obvious non biased post, I assume you might like an R33 over an R32 just a little lol.

just because his thread is asking which of the 2 is better, there is no harm in bringing in another contender which is better than both in terms of performance.

if he wanted something that looked better, he'd get a non turbo R34 with rims..

it would look better than all the others and be the same price.

S13 will be a better performer than both gtst's.

in all forms of motorsport.

so think a little more next time before you run your mouth hey?

lol just buy a r33....u obviously want one.... and as soon as u have one u wont care bout the r32

my advise considering iv owned 10 cars in 5 years..... is to go and look/drive as many as u can, weigh up price and what your getting....then make ur decision... Also, its a buyers market now so dont be afraid walk away if the seller isnt budging on price.;

market saturation is obviously a new concept to some!

Like i said before every one should buy my old car, its the best of both worlds and i want to see it back in brisbane and at the track not being driven around detuned and at 14psi

PS every one i know that hates their skyline drives a R33

I hate mine but in building the other 3 projects in the time i have had it i needed somthing to get me around...and now they are done i get to sell it.....for an awesome 5k

I would have loved to sell it too you, but sadly i had no other wheels....and over a year later im still about a week away from being able to sell it lol

Fkn cars