SAU Community

Holden V6 Supercharged Into R32

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why not a 13Bt or even 20Bt. 13B is a bit shorter than LS1 (not sure on weights) so would have better weight ditribution, not to mention a heap more room to move. Only thing you have to watch here is the rotary's exhaust outlet down low on RHS can foul the steering rod-box-lines, although this can be overcome.

You wont match the LS1 torque curve for driveability though !

Edited by epigram

Why not a 13Bt or even 20Bt. 13B is a bit shorter than LS1 (not sure on weights) so would have better weight ditribution, not to mention a heap more room to move. Only thing you have to watch here is the rotary's exhaust outlet down low on RHS can foul the steering rod-box-lines, although this can be overcome.

You wont match the LS1 torque curve for driveability though !

having been a rotary owner including a 350rwkw series 6 built by supposed best rotary guys around..... i would say its a bad idea...... rotary's are way cool.... but one one rule always stands true ---------->braaaaaaaap BANG

having been a rotary owner including a 350rwkw series 6 built by supposed best rotary guys around..... i would say its a bad idea...... rotary's are way cool.... but one one rule always stands true ---------->braaaaaaaap BANG

ahahaha, damn you beat me to it. i have a mate with a rx7. seems to be that you don't service them every few months (or 5000kms), you rebuild them, LOL. he once had to rebuild it after 6 months and it hadn't even been started.

apexseals.gif

A gun conversion is the VQ30DET into said skyline.

They go hard, all alloy, torque, modern stuff vvt etc.

Conversions have been done for a while now.

I am currently doing a conversion on a mates 180sx, VH45DE with a 300zx 5 speed.

dont do a v6 supercharge. you gotta be on some seroius drugs specaily to dump in a v6 from Holden ,single cam, push rod valves over 50 year old technology. ls2 makes say 300kw, 5.liter. a rb26, with less than half the capacity makes 206kw. do the maths

Really it's up to you whatever you decide. considering you can buy a LS6 in the box for under 4k now. turbocharged 8's are hard to beat in respect to torque and power. but really if your gonna run an 8 you wouldn't need to charge it either way unless your after some serious grunt.

would need some fabrication and alike to fit but if thats what you want....

personally i think the RB can provide ample enough for anything. if you want bigger torque and power i don't think much better value comes than buying a complete 25DET head and buying a good nick RB30 and switching the heads over. that's done in under a grand and leaves you with the same limits as a stock 25 + a bunch of extra torque. If you want to change turbo's etc it's preference.

but i don't see the point in putting a holden v6 in there, sorry.

I would personally go VH45DE because of the 6 bolt mains, the fact that it's still a Nissan, and the SOUND!

I can see the logic in going the Chev route though, really a V8 Skyline of any sort is going to make people go wtf!?

What about a 2JZ, thats a six!

i think the only problem with any either the 1jz and the 2jz is that the exhaust is on the drivers side so can have issues with it clearing the steering, but would certainly be worth a look

myself personally would go either the VQ30-35-40 or LSx, whats a 2jz + 6-speed worth these days?, my guess is that it would still be more than a brand new crate 6.0 chev and 6-speed, plus you can use the standard ECU unlike the toyota so your saving 2k there already....the list of Pros for the LSx Swap is massive, espesially when you put prices next to each other.