SAU Community

June 2009 Photo Thread

dodgsun

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i has those ducks!!! and i have pirate ducks too..

ugh I havent done much photography in the last couple of weeks.. must get back on it tho.. I went out the other night with some members.. better load the pics up :S

Hmmm im not at home, so i can't search for more photos from june, but what i have at work so far, these are two images from the Oran Park day! Both 100% crops.

post-12867-1245299096_thumb.jpg

post-12867-1245299121_thumb.jpg

Edited by FST513

Wow some of these photos are really cool, others i cant see because im at work and some links are randomly blocked!

wish i could use my camera that well, i just point and shoot :D

Wow some of these photos are really cool, others i cant see because im at work and some links are randomly blocked!

wish i could use my camera that well, i just point and shoot :D

Well for me, i was using a 300 2.8 and a 1.4x TC and it still wasn't long enough :D Next time i go Oran Park/Wakefield i'll take a 500, for those nice tight shots.

Xmetal - very cool.. i was so close to making my own rig too.. but ended up spending the money on my marine tank!!!

This is what my rig list was:

2 x RSMF1000 6" Suction Cup, Avenger F1000 - $108.19

3 x RSM035 Manfrotto 035, Super Clamp - $55.43

1 x RSM484 484 Manfrotto Ball Head - $83.88

1 x RSM037 037 Camera Stud - $11.43

3 x RSM035 Manfrotto 035, Super Clamp -- 39 each on ebay plus shipping

etc

Would love to see pics too :D

Edited by siddr20

Well for me, i was using a 300 2.8 and a 1.4x TC and it still wasn't long enough :D Next time i go Oran Park/Wakefield i'll take a 500, for those nice tight shots.

damn and here i was thinking my 70-200 was good enough for wakefield..

but you are right.. You need atleast 400 for wakefield.

Perhaps a nice 100-400 lens will be good!!

Nice shots btw

damn and here i was thinking my 70-200 was good enough for wakefield..

but you are right.. You need atleast 400 for wakefield.

Perhaps a nice 100-400 lens will be good!!

Nice shots btw

A 70-200 is sufficient but severe cropping is needed for those really nice tight shots. I use my 70-200 sometimes when i go there, but would rather use a 500 (although its a bitch to get a sharp panning shot with one!!) Although heat haze and atmospheric haze comes into play at those lengths sometimes which sucks.

I had a 100-400 but i sold it. Was soft wide open at 400 and backfocusing like crazy, i just couldn't deal with it, sent it to canon and they said nothing was wrong with it, so i ended up losing $500 on it.

Miss Petepie - I wanna see pirate ducks!!!!!!!! :D

oh and that night shoot i did on the freeway last year......the sthrn ext will be a goer soon! :P

and the owner of the ducks....

3616657372_9e79cc7217.jpg

another from the charger club cruise....

3637746253_07d800387e_o.jpg

sorry about the size..but must be seen large :)

Edited by dodgsun

A 70-200 is sufficient but severe cropping is needed for those really nice tight shots. I use my 70-200 sometimes when i go there, but would rather use a 500 (although its a bitch to get a sharp panning shot with one!!) Although heat haze and atmospheric haze comes into play at those lengths sometimes which sucks.

I had a 100-400 but i sold it. Was soft wide open at 400 and backfocusing like crazy, i just couldn't deal with it, sent it to canon and they said nothing was wrong with it, so i ended up losing $500 on it.

let us know next time you are heading out there.. Not now, but perhaps in a months time or so?

I should have my 70-200 again.. I sold it to fund this: - shot taken few hours ago :D

Work still in progress tho!! getting there slowly

tankshotresize.jpg

Edited by siddr20

Wow impressive tank! (I Think). I've been staring at it for 10minutes wondering whether to write nice tank or nice TV!!! But now my mind is set its a tank!

No problems, will let you know next time i'm heading out to wakefield!

Thank you that means a lot!!

Quite an expensive hobby, but very rewarding :P

Cool hopefully i can find a job soon now that uni is about to finish.. Really miss my 70-200!!

just a few random snaps when I was on vacation, not trying to be artistic, just wanted to share :rofl2:

some were taken with an iphone, some with a camera

IMG_0001.jpg

DSCF1241.jpg

got the chance to visit my old army barracks in the philippines as some parts are open to the public and is used as a tourist attraction, I didn't get the chance to see my old room and proving grounds up close unfortunately, I would've needed the proper documentation and would've had to request clearance at least a day in advance :sick:

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

my fathers family live in Baguio city, a large city in a mountainous area in the northern philippines, the scenery is very beautiful and my pics do not do them justice, here is one example on the outskirts of the city maybe a half hour drive up the mountains

DSCF1266.jpg

IMG_0056-1.jpg

another tourist attraction, an old church run by spanish missionaires from as early as the 1700s (I think) the church itself is blocked off for heritage preservation reasons, but the long stairway leading to them and the sculpture of mary at the top is still draws a lot of pilgrims

DSCF1149.jpg

DSCF1155.jpg

they have giftshops and food stalls along the way up, it's a long climb :D this pic was taken from about 1/4 of the way up

some pics of the hotel my family stayed at

DSCF1192.jpg

DSCF1135.jpg

a 'jeepney' my aunt owns, they own about 5 all up, and are used as taxis. some are original troop carriers from wwII left by the americans

DSCF1248.jpg

phew that's enough from me, I'll include some more pics from when I stayed in Hong Kong when I can be bothered

Edited by Yo-Yo

hey 'miss petepie', im interested in heading out with some WA photographers, would you be able to give me some info?

cheers!!

heya

no worries, we might be heading out this week some time..

will send you a PM to let you know the details :rofl2: