SAU Community

June 2009 Photo Thread

dodgsun

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe cheers man, yeah went on Tuesday. Thought it would be a good chance to test out the 5D2. Prob go back again at some point with my macro lens and tripod + flash.. I used my 70-200 2.8 IS and 400 f/5.6L all day.

Sidd, you are obsessed with the harbour lol

I got so bored yesterday when i went.. It will be last set of night time shots.. Im so over it!!

Im gonna start getting into glamour/model shoots.. Just saving up ab it of money on lighting equipment :whistling:

Those city shots will probably be my last set for a long long time..

anyone here own pocketwizards? I want one..

I don't have them, but i'm keen to get some. I don't know exactly what I need though. I have the ST-E2 at the moment which I use to fire flash from above my fish tanks. I have used it on some car shots though.

Fark that is a cheap solution Xmetal, thanks for the heads up man!!! Did you get yours from the same people on ebay or??

I bought mine from my local camera shop here in newy however they are made by the same people as the ones on eBay, on a full charge they'll have an average range of 30m, beware though, they are prone to electrical interference so they have this nasty habit of triggering the flash at random. :D

I bought mine from my local camera shop here in newy however they are made by the same people as the ones on eBay, on a full charge they'll have an average range of 30m, beware though, they are prone to electrical interference so they have this nasty habit of triggering the flash at random. :D

If your after alternative triggers, try cybersyncs from alien bee (unsure if they ship to aus as they seem to only sent there strobes to the US, check alien bees website), otherwise i recommend cactus triggers, there great, but as expected sometimes they don't fire multiple flashes and the build quality is a little bit flimsy,but then again you get what you pay for and they work for me 99% of the time. www.gadgetinfinity.com Get the V4's as they are the newest ones.

Also for all you canon Nutta's i HIGHLY recommend you head over to http://photography-on-the.net/forums There is a vast amount of information on how to's as well as you can post anything photography related or show your photo's or ask for help on how to process/print something and your bound to get an answer, great bunch of people!

Edited by FST513

Fark that is a cheap solution Xmetal, thanks for the heads up man!!! Did you get yours from the same people on ebay or??

Yea i have the pt04s for a while now.. they give me the shits.. so slow and i hate it!!

but yea its cheap and does the job.. But frustrating at times!! Esp when doing it outdoors..

I want pocketwizards to also fire my strobes etc..

If your after alternative triggers, try cybersyncs from alien bee (unsure if they ship to aus as they seem to only sent there strobes to the US, check alien bees website), otherwise i recommend cactus triggers, there great, but as expected sometimes they don't fire multiple flashes and the build quality is a little bit flimsy,but then again you get what you pay for and they work for me 99% of the time. www.gadgetinfinity.com Get the V4's as they are the newest ones.

Also for all you canon Nutta's i HIGHLY recommend you head over to http://photography-on-the.net/forums There is a vast amount of information on how to's as well as you can post anything photography related or show your photo's or ask for help on how to process/print something and your bound to get an answer, great bunch of people!

Im considering purchasing some alien bee strobes.. Thinking like the B800s..

Still gotta do a fair bit more research on exactly what i need to setup a small studio.. But i sorta got an idea of what i want!!

Just cant go any further as i still need to save up money.. so expensive all these things lol

I remember that B&H had some "impact" lighting kits, which consisted of 2 umbrellas i think and i can't remember what else for around $100 US, might be worth looking at? Yeah, check if AB ship to australia, because as far as i know, they only ship to the states which is sad because they got some awesome gear e.g. AB800's!