SAU Community

Hid Lights In An R33?

i got 6000k's in mine but i don't have pics on this computer. they look good and are so much better then the stockies, i haven't used my high beams since i put them in. i'll try n upload pics tonight if i get home at a reasonable hour. it's definitely worth while doing it.

I put 4300k HIDs in my r33 s2 - They are GREAT for visibility but I'm going to change them for some 6000k bulbs because I want the Jay Dee Em brue corour!

I have mine adjusted quite low but still get people 'flashing' me thinking I have my high beams on. Another reason I'm going to the 6000k

ok got mine done they are 8000 k my mate came and installed them today so will see how they looktonight hopefully pretty good? whats the brightest u can get?

did you change the internal lensing at all with the S1 33 headlights? and do the old yellow lenses effect the colouring of the lights at all?

I polished up my headlights so they arent yellow, mine r like white but they only 8k, as someone asked b4 u can get 12k but they r like purple and arent as gud for visibility...most ppl hav 6 or 8k

Search "Hid headlight" on Google images and you'll find that the 6k are the brightest of them all, the others will give you a different look (colour) but if it's brightness you are after, stick with the 6K.

There's also a thread here about polishing your headlights to get rid of the yellow

Edited by bradmax

Infact between 4300 and 5000k has the highest lumen rating (brightness)

4300k are slightly brighter than 6000k

But people like the white/blueish look and thats why they are most popular.

R34's come with 4300Ks from factory apparently and that's pure white (no blue hues) .. if you want slight blue hue get 6000Ks ..anything above that, you sacrifice brightness and paint a defect target on yourself.

R34's come with 4300Ks from factory apparently and that's pure white (no blue hues) .. if you want slight blue hue get 6000Ks ..anything above that, you sacrifice brightness and paint a defect target on yourself.

I got 8k's and get pulled over twice a week not one cops mentioned my headlights ever...but they to busy checking exhaust, engine, suspension and my huge sticker on the windscreen lol thats enuf to stop them i guess

post-59566-1244902000_thumb.jpg

mine's 10,000K, which is slightly blue but never get defected for that

though lots of them rookie cops ask me if my lights flash when they see the ballasts.

post-36123-1244908645_thumb.jpg