SAU Community

Indicators Inside Headlights

EliSun

sorry guys, but there wasn't an electrical / lighting section, so i thought you Car Audio nuts might be able to help me with this electrical problem..

i've recently accquired another GTS25t (s2) after moving city.

i've taken out the fog light / indicator housings to make the car look more aggressive without really spending any money

before / after

post-60100-1244604386_thumb.jpg post-60100-1244604333_thumb.jpg

looks pretty good doesn't it?

so now i want to rewire my Indicators to my Park lights.

however, i still want my park lights to turn on, and when im driving at night and need to indicate, make the parklight (and now indicator) flash as per normal indicator operation.

so what i want to be able to achieve is

PARK LIGHTS OFF, INDICATOR FLASH (when activated)

PARK LIGHTS ON, INDICATOR FLASH (when activated)

PARK LIGHTS OFF, IDICATOR OFF

PARKLIGHTS ON, INDICATOR OFF

sort of how US made cars have their tail lights on, and when they indicate to turn, their tail lights just flash.

does anyone know how to make this happen?

and how do I make the indicators flash at the normal rate? (instead of blinking about 3 times per second..)

any help would be great thanks.

Edited by EliSun

uurrgggh.... taking a stab at this

on and flashing when indicating is easy.... hook up a relay that switches the light off whenever the indicator power is on.....

off and flashing makes my brain hurt as you need to turn the light on AND get it to flash, so you almost need to run on wire to switch the current park light switch/relay on... an also voltage to your new relay to make it flash.

It makes sense to me the theory of how its done but as i never studied electronics and as i dont have a diagram... it gives me a nervous tick. :P

Yeah, I know...

how about if i split the positive for the park lights so that one goes to the relay and one goes to the park lights constantly?

also want to make sure i dont blow anything up either :S

i want to have my indicators in the headlights as well, but my plan is to drill into the parker light area and put some 12volt super bright leds in there from below and silicone them up.

that way it makes it easier then needing relays.

cheers

alex

i would be able to figure out a wiring diagram for it if i sat down and thought about it, but the main thing is that your indicator light has to be orange by law (i think you will have to look into it) and in terms of making it blink at a normal rate instead of 3 times a second, im taking it now that you have dissconected you front indecator its started to flash faster, well if you hook it back up you will find that they should blink at a normal rate, its like there is one missing so the flasher is getting more power therefor flashing faster. Check the laws on what colour indecators have to be but like i said pretty sure they have to be orange, and whilst your doing that i will have a sit down tomorrow and try and work out a wiring diagram for you if you like

post-62346-1244643983_thumb.jpg

Why not just do this? its alot easier lol. I cut my park light wires and wired up the indicator wires to the park light plug so my indicators are now where the park lights were, then wired up a 30cm line of white leds and stuck them in the gap between my headlights and my front bar so they are not visible at day but at night they look sweet.

(edit-if anyone from perth is intrested doing this and is wanting to know where to get the led stips its a place called "Aspec" in the carillion arcade just out of the food court)

Edited by XxNinjaxX

XxNinjaxX thats looks pretty sweet, i think i will do it to my car, question though have you ever been pulled up by cops for them being like that and them say its not legal or anything?

hey, from my understanding if its not a neon it should be legal. they are white led's aswell so it should be all sweet, i havent actually driven it at night since i wired up the lights but you should be safe. the lights do their job so i dont see why they would be fussed about it. =] the guy i brought the car off drove it around with white front indicators and never got hassled so if that doesnt create any attention i dont know what will lol. oh and for yellow tinted globes that fit the parklight soccet you can order those in from aspec aswell, no where else has them lol

Ok, so i've got the indicators to blink at the normal rate just by taking the bulbs from the original indicators and putting them in the park light sockets - direct replacement.

you can get these in orange, so it shouldn't be a problem with the law. they're 18w bulbs with wedge terminals.

as for a dual filament bulb, there's still the issue with using the factory park light plug.

what will happen if i wire my positive for the park lights and positive for the indicators together and activate them at the same time?

explosion? lol...

blown fuse?

why are you using the positive of your park lights and indicators at the same time if you using a dual filament globe?? there should be two seperative positives hence why its a dual filament light

why are you using the positive of your park lights and indicators at the same time if you using a dual filament globe?? there should be two seperative positives hence why its a dual filament light

because im not using a dual filament globe. its gonna be an issue using the factory park light plug which is why im using normal single filament bulbs.

mostly would like to know what would happen if i wired the positive for the park light and the positive for the indicators together.