SAU Community

Help Out A Noob

533EYA

I am a beginner when it comes to full on drifting, i mean i can power skid a corner but no handbrakes, clutch kicks and all that. Owning awd cars for the past 2 years doesn't help either, but i am looking at giving it a go. I know i am going to be shocking for a while, but i have become extremely interested in the last month or two.

I have just bought my first s13 with the almighty ca18 and i'm looking to get that out there in the next few weeks to see how i go.

I have never been out to a track except to watch and i need to know any information that will help me. What I need to take? What i should do the first time out? Should i go for a drive with some people to learn the basics? What sort of costs are involved with licences and general track days? Any information will help out alot..

cheers

joshy :wheelchair:

didnt you post this in the motorsport section too? anyways listen to what they say. basically works out to be like this.

go to drfit school days as well

fit suspension mods to help handling, skid till ca18 pops, throw it in the bin, fit sr20DET with mild mods to support drifting.

then ask again. go to drfit school days as well

dont forget to cup some workshops inorder to get hektik drift tyres and free workdone!

Jump on www.secretdrift.com.au , and read read read ............ don't post up this in there as you will just get burnt , there are 1000 threads about exactley all the info you need , posting up ANOTHER noob thread will just people off. See you in there and welcome to the world of broke !

P.S my user name is jangles on SD if you have any other Questions ??

grab a couple of sets of second hand tires go out to a friday night practice at QR and go hard

you will need full length clothing enclosed shoes helmet, assorted tools, jack wheelbrace, skid rims and your set

im sure there will be more than enough people willing to go out with you and give you a few pointers

and i know im a chick but i do know a bit so if you ever see me out dont be scared to come say hi =]

• 2 weeks later...
grab a couple of sets of second hand tires go out to a friday night practice at QR and go hard

you will need full length clothing enclosed shoes helmet, assorted tools, jack wheelbrace, skid rims and your set

im sure there will be more than enough people willing to go out with you and give you a few pointers

and i know im a chick but i do know a bit so if you ever see me out dont be scared to come say hi =]

what tyres to use? some cheap and nasties ?

what tyres to use? some cheap and nasties ?

well i use tire pile tires :( i know they dont make smoke but they are great to learn with and are cheap, have never used brand new tires before!

no need to beg just go late one night when they are closed :D