SAU Community

How To Get This Crap Off?

Hi, wondering what to use to get this stuff off the interior of my car.

Picture1732.jpg

Picture174.jpg

Picture1752.jpg

Those are the annoying parts, for this below, is there no option but to replace/paint?

Picture176.jpg

Picture177.jpg

Cheers.

Edited by Ten Four

I'd get them painted. You'll get a nice clean unmarked surface again. Only thing is you'd have to spray the rest accordingly.

I don't even know how previous owners could do some things they do to the interior. A car I checked out last year had a horendous interior - like someone had thrown some corrosive acid all over the dash.

+ I have a sticky bit like in the 2nd pic you've got. Would this be from some sort of adhesive used to hold attach a gauge pod or something?

Edited by peterw

Nothing, the cars been sitting in the sun with double sided tape, some effort and some goo remover may work but the best option is to paint the whole dash peice, check out the DIY section.

You can also do the door trims the same way.

You can remove residual adhesive with Double D Eucalyptus Oil or Kero or Tar/Bug Remover.

That last pic looks like damage by someone with long fingernails or someone trying to get out of the car in a damn hurry from red/blue flashing lights?

Mm thanks guys. I'll probably up painting the lot black as per factory.

Its just weird cause the rest of the interior is perfect, the steering wheel is basically new :|

Anyway of getting rid of the stuff in the 2nd pic? Don't have the $ to cut it out and put a screen in there....

Anyway of getting rid of the stuff in the 2nd pic? Don't have the $ to cut it out and put a screen in there....

Tried the Eucalyptus oil yet?

Search for 'Eucalyptus Oil'

K&N wax and grease remover available from most autobarn,super cheap etc stores will take care of the glue residue from double sided tape no problem.

the last few pics are where the latex coating on the dash and plastic trim around the window switches have been worn/scratched off and will need repainting.

heres the link for headunit removal.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/He...al-t190825.html

Edited by Jack88

You'll need to use eucalyptus oil or something similar (as above) , but check what it does to the dash materiel in a hidden away spot first before you rub the shit out of the dash.(2nd pic) If your lucky it will all come off without effecting surface too much, then go over it with some dash cleaner (armorol)

In the 4th pic down that latex coating here is fkd, so with that whole dash fascia you can gently rub all the latex coating all off (very sore fingers) and hope the plastic under it is good enough to be polished back to a nice shine. (did this on mine, not 100% but good enough until i decide to paint it) But more than likely it will need to be painted. If you paint it just sand the latex off first. Or just buy a dash fascia off ebay. good luck

a citrus goo remover will be ok for those white marks in ur first pic, duno about the rest. definetly get the trim near the door painted, will make it look 10times better. someone went to war with that thing lol prolly previous owner parked in the same spot everyday and the sun just killed it. go to wreckers and see if u can even get a new part. goodluck bud

if you wanted to make the passenger part of the dash look a bit better, you can go see autobarn and they sell dashmats to suit R33's. they probably wont have stock, but they get them from Command Auto Group. I have one on my silvia in black. looks good IMO.

Eucalyptus oil will work, but you may see that after the tape is removed that under the sticker will be a slightly different colour to the rest of the dash.

maybe just replace the fascia and the plastic part ont he door. even just take them off a 25t. i cant see them costing that much!?

2nd pic - definately Eucalyptus oil and then armourall the dash.

Eucalyptus oil didn't work... For the 2nd pic, it just made the dash a different colour around it and didn't really take anything off after hard scrubbing.. When I tried to get the white circle, the clear around it vanished but still left most of the white... :)

Plan B/C.

Do you think that "T-Cut Polish" in 'black' can be used? Show your car to your local car parts store to confirm.

It's used to blend surrounding colours to the basic 'black' if you get it in 'black'.

Black shoe polish on some hidden 'test' area can be Plan C/D

Ok use "Goo remover" (supermarket laundry asile) for the sticky shit.

As for the door trim, remove & take paint off with nail polish remover sand back with super fine paper & respray- I just did

my door trims & centre console they came up a treat! Two days work in total-F*ck paying someone esle to do it I paid

$24 for some pressure packs in colour & clear matt (autobarn/supercheap).

Get into it :)