Damn Hoons...

cell

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

also the comments about kidz now changing there brakes so only the front brakes come on for burnouts. the only people i know that have done that, did it in the 70s

LMAO hell yehh brazzz just take the rear brakes off completely, one completely well thought out plan of attack there... the less you got on, the less they can defect you for right?

who cares about 300% increased chance of death.

and sadly this is still happening, i see tossbags with rear brakes locked quite often, generally try keep a distance of at least 10km away at all times.

I reckon the more rules the law puts on us the more shit thats gonna happen. Its crap. By the looks of it there is more car crashes etc happening now then 10 years ago.

A few nights ago there was that major crash on anzac highway, had to block two lanes, but they say hardly nothing about that, but as soon as its an import they have a big cry over it!

Edit: I was behind this idiot van with all the this black smoke coming out of the car. THE COPS DO FK ALL! Get the piece of shits of the road!

Edited by Lil Miss 32

I reckon the more rules the law puts on us the more shit thats gonna happen. Its crap. By the looks of it there is more car crashes etc happening now then 10 years ago.

A few nights ago there was that major crash on anzac highway, had to block two lanes, but they say hardly nothing about that, but as soon as its an import they have a big cry over it!

Edit: I was behind this idiot van with all the this black smoke coming out of the car. THE COPS DO FK ALL! Get the piece of shits of the road!

As Iron Chef says... build a skid pan for F&**S sake.. get the tools off the road.

Should have seen the nutjobs driving around Friday night when i left vilis. Go to pull out of the street onto south road, see a speeding Evo/Lancer/something coming down the road, swerving through the traffic, after its gone i get onto south road, then all of a sudden there is a speeding orange boss kit ford next to me, who then went sideways at the traffic lights and then sped away.

i really like the media naming and shaming hoons. but i do not like the comments

left by the general public..

they are the ones who seem to tie all modified car owners into one bundle, and call them hoons.

when really, as we know, there are two different types of car hobbyists.

i think its time aca or today tonight did a story with someone like Ruby + other head honchos from other respected

registred clubs, to get our unheard side out to the general geriatric community called Adelaide.

im sick of seeing fat, dero VB drinking lidabiffians think they are top shit when they get there ugly mug in the paper or on tv.

/

Can't all the skylines, silvia's, and wrx's go somewhere else for there (sic) hooning.

Cant't all them motorcyclist go somewhere else for their hooning.

i really like the media naming and shaming hoons. but i do not like the comments

left by the general public..

Thats a fair point. The media make some pretty rediculous generalisations and comments at times, but they also occaisionally bring out a half decent piece of journalism that is somewhat unbiased.

Unfortunately, the same can't be said of the general public, of which 99% seem to be quite content to label anything with and exhaust and/or shiny wheels as a hoon car and assume it's driver is hell-bent on causing disruption and chaos to their lives.

The papers and news shows know this so they cater to peoples fears (however unfounded) because they know they will sell papers/get ratings.

I'm fairly over the whole sensationalist nature of hoon propaganda. There is no point trying to sway peoples views, they won't listen. There's no point trying to argue against unfair generalisations, they won't change. All thats left to do is ignore the hype, ignore the bullshit, and just fly under the radar while the actual 'hoons' (those who DO go out simply to create a nuisance and drop skids in residential areas to piss people off etc) get themselves in the shit.

I still dont think hooning has grown in Adelaide.

We are constantly raped with news articles recycling the word hoon. When we see a person go around a corner alittle fast we think 'hoon'/ When we see someone take of quick we think 'hoon.

Just a couple years ago when we weren't bombarded with news reports we wouldn't really have taken notice.

Its a fact. We are notified of a certain problem and we take notice.

I agree with what some others have said also. I'm not worried about the papers. I'm more worried about the half wit readers believing every word. Was only speaking to someone today about this. Might sell the skyline and get a nice bmw or something neat. Other people on the road are even turning on us. glares etc.

We are constantly raped with news articles recycling the word hoon. When we see a person go around a corner alittle fast we think 'hoon'/ When we see someone take of quick we think 'hoon.

Just a couple years ago when we weren't bombarded with news reports we wouldn't really have taken notice.

I agree with what some others have said also. I'm not worried about the papers. I'm more worried about the half wit readers believing every word. Was only speaking to someone today about this. Might sell the skyline and get a nice bmw or something neat. Other people on the road are even turning on us. glares etc.

Quoted for TRUTH!

yeah, theres a couple normally intelligent people at work talking about it at the moment, theyre 100% behind crushing 'hoon' cars, even if theyre not involved in hooning. i dont get it. people are stupid.

well said bro. well said. :P

And you'd be right too. A month ago there was yet another uninformed news.com.au article with the typical knee jerk reaction of the uninformed militancy.

Something saying that the road toll was going up. Spend 5 minutes with my leet Google-Fu skillz and brought up the 1907-2007 fatality statistics for SA.

It has, and continues to, go down every year every since 1967. Funny that this was around the time that muscle cars were released but I digress.

There will always be outliers and statistical anomalies, which means that sometimes we get more fatalities in a year than the last. It happens.

Thing is, we're always going to have a) tall poppy syndrome (penis envy - aka people annoyed that you have something nice and resent that fact out of jealousy).

then theres b) Curmudgeons (the sort of folks that hate other people enjoying their lives and just whinge about what theyre powerless to change).

Dickhead crews like ACC and RCK don't do anyone favours, but they generally cater to wannabe criminals and gangsters, teenagers and glue sniffers. They don't use their brains much, and pull stupid stuff like what happened in Pt Wakefield without realizing that journos were there. If theyre stupid enough to have journos, then theyre stupid enough to have undercovers, and hopefully, said undercovers can crust them for stupidity.

If I'd been driving down Pt Wakefield road and had to slow down because of some inbred bogan doing burnouts >IN The Middle Of the f**king Highway< then the dark half of my soul might be inclined to put the foot down and take out a few spectators to prove a point. I wouldn't of course. But I'd be pissed off.

These people do not and never have represented us or our mindset. The people in the know understand this. Relax. Take a deep breath. Let the morons hyperventilate in their self righteous pontification about 'hoons' and let the 'hoons' get nicked for doing stupid stuff on public roads.

-D