SAU Community

What Car Should I Get!?!?!?!

O.K i have around 35 000 dollars to spend and i am completley stuck because of the P Plate car restricion laws in New South Wales. I want a second hand car for the road that can go quickly and will preform well. I will prefer it is the car wasnt a hatchback because (no offence to the hatchback owners out there) i dont like the look of them and i dont want a big 4WD or anything like that. So pretty much just Sedans and Coupes.

I want the car to look cool and dont forget it is for a 17 year old boy. I want the km kept under 55 000 pease.

If anyone doesnt know the laws of what cars i am allowed to get they are this:

Not Allowed V8 cars

Not allowed Turbo or Supercharged cars

So please give some cars :) and feel free to put it more than one.

Thankyou everyone

I'd get something like a nice 4 door R34 GT and just enjoy driving that untill you get of your p's then get yourself a GTR with the money you have saved up over the years and you wont look back.

I'd get something like a nice 4 door R34 GT and just enjoy driving that untill you get of your p's then get yourself a GTR with the money you have saved up over the years and you wont look back.

Yeh when u say gt does that meen gt-t because im still learning my skylines.

If yes or no can u send me a link of a r34 gt please or a few links :)?

Yeh when u say gt does that meen gt-t because im still learning my skylines.

If yes or no can u send me a link of a r34 gt please or a few links :) ?

bump lol please someone answer

bump lol please someone answer

GT means non turbo in R34's.

GTS means non turbo in 32's and 33's

Ill have a quick look for a link now.

GT means non turbo in R34's.

GTS means non turbo in 32's and 33's

Ill have a quick look for a link now.

sweet and also do u have any other cars around that prices range and my decription that you think i would like?

if get that and then i have 20grand to upgrade the parts what would u suggest for me to do?

I could change the whole body kit couldnt i?

You could but i wouldn't go too crazy on it just use it as you daily untill your allowed to buy a turbo or V8 then spend you money on that it will be worth the wait.

If i was going to do anything i would upgrade the brakes and suspension maybe the exhaust then just enjoy learning to drive in it so that when you finally are able to get something quicker it wont end up rapped around the nearest telegraph pole.

You could but i wouldn't go too crazy on it just use it as you daily untill your allowed to buy a turbo or V8 then spend you money on that it will be worth the wait.

If i was going to do anything i would upgrade the brakes and suspension maybe the exhaust then just enjoy learning to drive in it so that when you finally are able to get something quicker it wont end up rapped around the nearest telegraph pole.

+1

it means he agrees.

lol dude just get an NA 34 and spend bugger all on it.. then when you get off your Ps go nuts

+1 again, you seem to not know what is really out there or what skylines are what, just like most other 17yr guys who want a cool, fast first car.

get somthin cheap on P's and dont blow all that extra cash on mods because you wont get it back when it comes time to sell.

So just leave all that left over money in the bank or a savings account for when you are legally allowed a turbo/TT otherwise imo your wasting your money.

Edited by willL

Yep as a P plater you probably don't need a GTR just yet so the advice is sound to save your money on upgrades, etc. and just learn to drive a standard NA. By the time you get off your P's you'll be in a better position to judge the road (and other road users) and then you can jump up to something more powerful with the money you saved by not modding your first ride.

I will go a different way and say you should get something reliable (depending on what you need it for) and therefore a little newer.

I suggest something like a 350GT or 350Z like:

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/privat....aspx?R=6647058

if you want a sedan you can have one like this:

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/privat....aspx?R=7230052

I'd recommend a low end merc as well but they are supercharged and I'm not sure if they are prohibited (I assume so).

Just get an E46 Beamer, they're all the rage with P platers at the moment and a 330 or 328 should be P plater legal + within your price range.

17 years old and 35k to spend?? wtf! My first car was a WB one tunner with a dirty old 202 and a freakin wobbly aussie 4 speed in it.

All this advice is good though. Buy something nice, like a NA R34 - don't mod it, and then sell up and get a turbo or V8 later on.

Edit - also isn't there a 200kw max power limit for P-plate's? Rules out the 350GT

get a honda accord with a 2.4 v-tec... pimp it with nice rims and dark tint.

Then sell in a few yrs when you got another 20k to get ya a 34 GTR :)

Dunno bout y'all in NSW buttt...we here in Victoria arent allowed naturally aspirated high powered 6s either - they have a shortlist including M3s, 911s...and the 350 and 370Zs.

Personally i had a lil Pulsar sedan for the entire 3 years i was on my Ps. Get an N16. Its designed to accelerate quicker and work better in lower rev range. redlines at 6500. I had the 1.8...good fuel economy, a lil bit of fun on a lil budget *shrug* you could probably pick one up for 10-14 grandish?

Also, 55 000 kms? not going to be likely for most of the cars youre allowed to drive - even if you can throw money around like a millionaire. I got my full licence and upgraded to a GTR. Had no problems at all with the transition.

After 3 years youre a better driver - then you can have a better car.