SAU Community

Make Your Skyline More Resistant To Thieves....

smok74

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

dont know if this will be useful to anyone but heres what i did to make my car

hard to steal...

1.Deleted the door locks, LF door RF door AND boot.

2.Disconnected the the rods that control unlocking the door(from the inside)doesnt

effect the alarm at all.

3.Relocated the master switch to where the cup holder use to be(is practicly useless anyway)

also fabricated a panel for it to fit in and coloured to match the interior

4.installed a gearshift lock.(unless they tow it it aint going no where)mounts to chassis and is similar

to a steering wheel lock

and finallly...

5.installed a triple immobliser dynatron alarm (5star NZ rating)

Overkill? i think not!! :D

maybe borderline overkill...lol I clublock my car even in my driveway eventhough i have an alarm. i'd like to see what the shifter lock looks like mounted though.

Yeah, THANKS for broadcasting to the world how to break into my car!! Good piece of anti-theft info there.

your car may get nicked from the same process and then you would say why didnt someone tell me earlier how easy it was. I cut my wire years ago after someone on the forum pointed this flaw out.

from memory it was the brown wire that goes into the switch unit but double check people by doing a search maybe as this is from my dodgy memory....i take no responsibility...ha you could always re join the wire if its the wrong one..lol

Edited by (B1) MR_fanny

when youve had your car broken into, then nicked i dont think there is such a thing as overkill when it comes to security for your car :banana:

heresa pic of it installed on a car

post-42381-1255896831_thumb.jpg

my alarm beeps if you are in the vicinity of my vehicle and will go off with a bump to the car or anything moving inside the car. i did spend $800 for that on top of the security from the previous owner. i think it is totally worth it and not overkill......my prestige plate was stolen and my alarm went off but they were gone before i got to car.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...