SAU Community

Whats My Capabilties

I have standard bottom end GOod compression low k's, Twin Boltons Garret 2860 -5 360hp each, Tomei Tybe B adjustable Cams, 700cc injectors,Bosch Fuel pump, Power fc, , Pod filters, 3inch exhaust, 600hp Cat, SHit steet tyres on standard rim, Standard Intercooler. They are the main parts i also have the other mods that are needed for this upgrade. 15psi @ 316AWKW First time ever @ the runs, i ran a 12.4 Then my second Attempt I ran a 12.004 3rd attempt I took off VERY nice but f*ked it up cause i missed 2nd gear. ran a 12.4 again. I went to do my 4th Attempt and they said no more Runs beause they were closing down. I was so pissed off... What you recon my capabilities are. When i put the boost up to 18psi @ the dyno it got 326awkw. But I didnt want to ruin the engine because its the standard bottom end so put it down to 15psi. What do you guys think??? I have been told by the guy who worked on the car it is capable of low 11's right? What kind of 1/4 run have you guys seen with a setup similar to mine... i recon if i didnt stuff up 2nd gear on my third run i would of got mid 11's.

should be mid 11s easy. with just 250rwkw an regular ol street tyres I ran 12.4 in my old GTR and I can't drag the skin off a bowl of soup. my next GTR with about 310rwkw ran 11.7 first time out on 18inch wheels with rubbish tyres and a driver who had never drag raced in his life.

at 120mph you should be in mid 11 territory. just need more practice I'd say. :blink:

The problem i have i'd say is the gear changes especially having a heavy duty clutch doesnt make it much easier. But another thing is when they wet the ground before the takeoff i didnt burnout the tyres i just drove straight over u think i need to dry the tyres?? I think im going to Wsid Next wednesday try again lool NOT happy with my runs

Ye, i dont light up street tyres - not much point other than to get the water off them (some strips are a bit 'liberal' with the water).

Although you going from 15psi to 18psi with bugger all power increase means you have a problem somewhere. With the -5s going from 15psi to 18psi should be a solid 20-30kw gain at least as you are moving right into the sweet spot.

120mph is good for low-mid 11's, it sounds more like you need to learn to pilot the car, launch etc.

Being i know of R32 GTR's running mid 11's on the stock turbos - so with more power than that you should be deeper into the 11 bracket.

What were the 60ft times?

Ye, i dont light up street tyres - not much point other than to get the water off them (some strips are a bit 'liberal' with the water).

Although you going from 15psi to 18psi with bugger all power increase means you have a problem somewhere. With the -5s going from 15psi to 18psi should be a solid 20-30kw gain at least as you are moving right into the sweet spot.

120mph is good for low-mid 11's, it sounds more like you need to learn to pilot the car, launch etc.

Being i know of R32 GTR's running mid 11's on the stock turbos - so with more power than that you should be deeper into the 11 bracket.

What were the 60ft times?

Well it was the first go on the dyno he got 326kw maybe he didnt want to try it again just incase so he dropped it to 15psi and tried multiple times and got 316awkw.... for the 12.004 60ft i done 1.85 something like that. What you recon. Yeh well on the last take off was a maniac off the start held it at 7 grand i think i was too shocked on the take off which made me miss 2nd lol i had to put the clutch in and chuck in back in second still good for a 12.4 LOL

Thats pretty damn good missing a gear n still doing a 12.4.

Jst wanna ask a question from anyone with a gtr; how is the traction in 1st gear? ive only ever done one launch at about 6000rpm n there wasnt much wheelspin.

I will tell you another down side about my car is when i got it, it had Ohlin shocks and they are very hard not good for drags, No dip. so i lowered the tyre pressure at the back to help a little. I will give it ago on wednesday and i will let you know how i went, i have to practice my take off and from 1st - 2nd i struggle because of the suspense of it all, once im on my way 3rd and 4th are pretty good.

Thats pretty damn good missing a gear n still doing a 12.4.

Jst wanna ask a question from anyone with a gtr; how is the traction in 1st gear? ive only ever done one launch at about 6000rpm n there wasnt much wheelspin.

The rears may turn a few times before the fronts, but generally its just grip and go.

Ive done a stack of 8000rpm clutch dumps and it just rockets off.

As Ash said though, every GTR out there is different

^ tyre, suspension, power etc etc are all factors, its not a simple answer
The rears may turn a few times before the fronts, but generally its just grip and go.

Ive done a stack of 8000rpm clutch dumps and it just rockets off.

As Ash said though, every GTR out there is different

True huh, should have added some things to that; more i wanted to know about a basic modded gtr with 245tyres, sports suspension and the basic bolt on upgrades/tune from 250-320awkw.

Reason why is that RWD cars can find it difficult to get down the quarter and it seems that GTR's seem to pull respectable times frequntly even with a novice driver (like me for instance)

e.g was watching high octane dvd and they were testing silvias from 300hp to 450hp and the quickest down the quarter was the lightly modded one @ 300hp.

The first and only launch ill ever do was fantastic, it just took off like a rocket with a few spins...whats it like with 300awkw (50more than what i have)

Anyways jst wantd to say congrats to the bloke n give a thumbs up to nissans awd system as it seems to do consistant launches without so much fine throttle balancing.