SAU Community

Jamboree

Swiper the Fox

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh why were you using the clutch? jus forgot to stop using it ? or u were tryin to take it easy on the box ?

and what power are you running atm

just trying to get some confidence back with the driveline. Going to start flatshifting into 4th next time out which will bring the MPH up and help the ET. Flatshifting right through them (1st to 4th) at high power and rpm requires a lot of maintenance, due to 3rd and 4th ratio's being very close it will assist the time and MPH without being to harsh on the dogs.

Edited by DiRTgarage

Fixed the shifting problem...dogboxes do not like c's short shifters. Thanks to Paul Ruzic for tracking me down a stock shifter at 9.30 last night and Rajon for opening his shop at 7.30 this morning so i could pick it up...top stuff guys.

Ran a new PB of 9.45 @ 142.7 with also a new 60' PB of 1.36

in the afternoon with more boost on board ran 9.7 @ 144 but turned the tyres right through 1st gear hurting the ET.

Congrats to Mark Jacobsen on winning the class and running a new PB of 7.7 in the semi final.

Big thanks to the Godzilla team for their help with the car.

Awesome, congrats on goin 9.45 :) Thats really getting moving!

Congrats to Mark as well, what kind of trap speeds was he able to push out?

Awesome, congrats on goin 9.45 :) Thats really getting moving!

Congrats to Mark as well, what kind of trap speeds was he able to push out?

Cheers Mr Lith...9.45 on its 1st pass with the right shifter in it was great. Lots of fun to drive.

i think it was 182...ill see him at the shop in the morning to find out more details.

Edited by DiRTgarage

Awesome, cheers for that! On that note, rumour has it Heat Treatments may be sending the GTR over for an extended holiday to get a decent run on surfaces which have a chance of holding some of their silly power they seem to be able to make. If that is the case it may be the final straw to end my procrastination about having a jump over the ditch to check out feesh and cheeps and see what this Oz drag scene is like, amongst other things :) I reckon Mark and Reece lined up could make for some amazing racing!

Edited by Lithium

Congrats to Paul and Mark, a great weekends racing, well worth the trip over from Perth to watch and meet up. Maybe next year we can drag a couple of cars over if all goes well. Ive got a few vids i'll post up when i get back to perth but they are only from a crap camera.

Congrats to Paul and Mark, a great weekends racing, well worth the trip over from Perth to watch and meet up. Maybe next year we can drag a couple of cars over if all goes well. Ive got a few vids i'll post up when i get back to perth but they are only from a crap camera.

pretty successful trip up north...in the last 2 weeks have ran a couple of 9.7's a 9.6,9.5 and a 9.4. Its getting faster everytime i take it out which is what its all about.

have a safe trip home guys, all the best with the car and hope to see you back next year.

good job paul!

182 for mark is just awsome!!

when berry is on the strip with the ppg he flat shifts first to second, clutches second to third and flat shifts third to fourth, so basically the both straight back pulls are where he flat shifts.

trying to 2nd to third flat shift can get pretty ugly ! lol especially if it decides it likes to go back to first.

Congrats on the time Paul, the car sounded great out there (especially off the line), was good to be able to have a closer look at it in the pits rather than just reading about it on here.

The black Godzilla Motorsport R32 was awesome to watch all weekend, 7.7 was flying!