SAU Community

Cruise 09/05/09 - Help Needed

And

Hi people,

probably I am posting to the wrong section, but original thread is already closed and I am not sure what is the best section to post.

Anyway, as some of you may be aware, that cruise attracted some attention not only from fellow car enthusiast, but also from our friends in blue uniform. As a result, few peaces of paper have reached my desk and now I am in a position where I need to ask for help.

So guys, if you went on that cruise and prepare to either write a short statement (not a saga, and I will let you know what needs to be said) or do even more and spend couple of hours of your time further down the track - you help will be HIGHLY appreciated. I am not asking you do to something illegal or wrong, I am asking you to say what we believe was right. At this stage I am just asking if you are prepared to help, my lawyer will provide me with more details.

I am not in a position to release too much info here, as it is a public forum, but I believe that we need to stand up and do something to protect ourselves from "mistakes" done by people in uniform driving driving cars with blue and red lights and following our cruises. Well, at least I am going to stand up and asking you to help me.

Please, guys.

PM me for more details. Would be good if you also provide your email or phone number.

Thank you or help in advance.

Edited by And

So guys, if you went on that cruise and prepare to either write a short statement (not a saga, and I will let you know what needs to be said)
I am not asking you do to something illegal or wrong, I am asking you to say what we believe was right. At this stage I am just asking if you are prepared to help, my lawyer will provide me with more details.

errr don't you think that telling someone what to say in a statement is illegal?

oh and a warning for anyone else thinking of helping this joker: making a false statement is a serious offence. You either saw what this bloke is talking about or you didn't.

Edited by IEatPelicans

errr don't you think that telling someone what to say in a statement is illegal?

No I don't think so. If people saw something - they can say that. If they didn't see something - they can say it also. They can describe the facts. Since then asking people to confirm what they saw (or didnt see) is illegal? I am afraid you are missing the point.

oh and a warning for anyone else thinking of helping this joker: making a false statement is a serious offence. You either saw what this bloke is talking about or you didn't.

It's exactly what I meant.

If someone is willing to help - I will appreciate that, I will let them know what I need, if people are able to confirm or deny something, they will tell me. If for some reason they are unable to do so, at least I will thank them for their time , efforts and willingness to help.

Let me repeat - I am not going to ask people to do anything illegal. I am not going to ask people to make a false statement.

And thank you very much for your help and clarification of the matter, IEatPelicans. Any way, it looks like you don't need to worry, I have not received any PMs from fellow members, therefore your warning, while useful and truthful, is only theoretical and our flawless law and legal system are not under any threat from SAUWA people.... And I still hope that someone, who can help me, will turn up.

Edited by And

Boys,

No need for keyboard battles.

If people want to help out his member, that is there choice.

And - Has stated in the first post he is acting within the law.

No more sledging or I will close the thread.

Guys,

I need to speak to people who were in the group of about 20-30 cars (including at least one ute) who went through Kalamunda, made 360 degrees turn on roundabout there, followed Mundaring weir, stopped there before taking sharp left turn (road was going downhill I believe).

Thank you in advance.

I was on that cruise and am more then willing to help however i will keep everything i say on a public forum not in private, i understand you have a lawyer and are obviously fighting for something which is good. However you are not giving any details and want people to speak up well if you already have a lawyer then so should anyone else before talking to you. If you are willing to PM me all the details you have i am more then happy to respond, as keeping this quiet/private to me seems as though you need to push the blame for something otherwise you would not have a lawyer already, and he is asking you to get more details/witnesses which means there must not be a strong case...

If you keen to send me detials then i am more then happy to give you any info i have in my head :thumbsup:

as keeping this quiet/private to me seems as though you need to push the blame for something otherwise you would not have a lawyer already, and he is asking you to get more details/witnesses which means there must not be a strong case...

Well, I am not going to "push the blame" and sometimes it is a good idea to get a legal advice before taking any actions. especially that the other party involved will be wearing a blue uniform :thumbsup:)

Will send a PM shortly, and thank you for contacting me.

Nismogtt rethink making something public that the prosecutor can use in court. The whole idea about court is to keep certain things a 'secret' from the other party. Don't put all the cards on the table so to speak...

And - forget this joker if what he is about to do could jeopardise your case.

I think Dale was on that cruise, have you msg'd him??

Nismogtt rethink making something public that the prosecutor can use in court. The whole idea about court is to keep certain things a 'secret' from the other party. Don't put all the cards on the table so to speak...

Erm that only applies in the U.S.

In an Australian Court, all evidence must be made available to both the prosecution and the defence, before the court date.

Out of court settlements would be easier & possibly more common that way, as to not potentially waste time & money

It sure would be; my understanding is - please feel free to correct me if I am wrong - that unfortunately I'd have to prepare my case (evidences, etc) in order to negotiate something with prosecutor, otherwise they might not be interested. They have nothing to loose personally anyway - they are getting paid, all expenses are paid, etc.