SAU Community

Does This Look Right?

I'm assuming this is not the lighting spread I should be seeing from the driver's seat of my 35. They are from the projectors of an 06 coupe on low beams. High beams are not much different. :starwars:

Does anybody what the problem may be?

Cheers.

Edit: bmp attached not showing up ... sorry.

Edited by pudogg

bit hard without the spread.

are the lights from a japanese skyline or from the american infiniti?

if they are from an infiniti they are wrong pattern theirs are opposite to ours

show us ur spread

Hahaha..one dirty phrase comes to my mind after n15m0 said "show us ur spread"......"Show us ur t.i.t.s.." I can remember a student yelled that out to the lecturer in a Physics Uni class in 1997....

Dude your seat belt is not on!!

"LIVING ON THE EDGE!" :P

Lights look fine in the pics. did you have just your low beams on? or both sets on? or high aswell?

Edited by V35_Paul

Haha, yes, mine are fine.

I put up pics for the original poster, to show him that his are wrong.

Which would be this poor sod ... :pirate:

Wonder what happened to the thread. For the rest of you guys, here is "my spread" again.

post-45833-1248925508_thumb.jpg

Which would be this poor sod ... :)

Wonder what happened to the thread. For the rest of you guys, here is "my spread" again.

post-45833-1248925508_thumb.jpg

Mate'

Did you have projector in coupe?

Are your sure your passager side head light lights up?

Seems NO for me.

Cheers

Frank

Mate'

Did you have projector in coupe?

Are your sure your passager side head light lights up?

Seems NO for me.

Cheers

Frank

Hi Frank

Yes, they're projectors. And yes both the lamps are lit.

You can't see it clearly from the picture, but there's light on the left side ... it's like ambient light on the road, not direct beam as on the right. It is however coming from the left projector coz when I physically covered the right projector, there is still the same ambient light on the road.

Looking directly at the projectors, you wouldn't know that they're so off in terms of spread.

Cheers

Ohh I forgot to add, I did try to adjust using the adjustment screws. It had absolutely no effect on the beam ... :)

Also thansk to xscape237 for talking and posting the pics.

Edited by pudogg

Hi Frank

Yes, they're projectors. And yes both the lamps are lit.

You can't see it clearly from the picture, but there's light on the left side ... it's like ambient light on the road, not direct beam as on the right. It is however coming from the left projector coz when I physically covered the right projector, there is still the same ambient light on the road.

Looking directly at the projectors, you wouldn't know that they're so off in terms of spread.

Cheers

Ohh I forgot to add, I did try to adjust using the adjustment screws. It had absolutely no effect on the beam ... ;)

Also thansk to xscape237 for talking and posting the pics.

Hi Mate.

Have you ever tried to park you car against a wall to see the cut off and beam? (say 5 meters away)

That will make the job much easier.

BTW from cut off. we can see whether your headlight is JDM or USDM and whether it is upside down or been in accident.

Cheers

Edited by Frank350GT

Yeah it is possible that something may be installed upside down. That has crossed my mind. I've got the Infiniti service manual, think I'll have to open it up to take a look. Hopefully the assembly is identical to the JDM projectors.

The lights should be JDM. I'm the first owner in Oz for the car. Fingers crossed ... no accidents before. I'll look for a nice white wall and flat ground tonight to see the cutoff.

The adjustment screws actually had no effect on the beam spread.

I'm robbed of the joys of having HIDs. I'm one of those ppl who really like HIDs headlights ... :P