SAU Community

Quick Fast Question

stagman

Well I put my VIN # through the Nissan fast software, and I'm just wondering what my non standard extras are according to the program. I clicked on the 'O.P' Icon and its come up with....

"9808'- For the cold districts ( So im guessing its got a bigger battery and maybe the sockets for heated seats...but there not leather)

and also

numbers...16 and 18 with the japense characters beside those digits. Can anyone tell me exactly what those jap characters are saying?

Thanks

Scott

Edit: Sorry for the double topic, internet keeps playing up and it didnt show on the boards untill after i posted the second topic...my bad.

Edited by stagman

Well I do not know how to show the screenshot in this reply? But ill attach it as a word document. Hope thats okay.

Thanks Scott

edit: It's not uploading.. or at least i cant see where its uploading too. can anyone help, i'm a noob when it comes to computers?

Edited by stagman

cold area pack has bigger battery, heated windscreen wipers (has defog wires in the bottom of the windscreen where the wiper sit) and i'm pretty sure a better starter motor. also had defogging side mirrors but they were most likely removed during compliance because they're convex(?) glass and we cant have that here apparently

D.

cold area pack has bigger battery, heated windscreen wipers (has defog wires in the bottom of the windscreen where the wiper sit) and i'm pretty sure a better starter motor. also had defogging side mirrors but they were most likely removed during compliance because they're convex(?) glass and we cant have that here apparently

D.

Thanks,

Ill let you know about the convex mirrors aqs it goes through compliancing next week. arrives tuesday.

Thanks

Scott

Thanks,

Ill let you know about the convex mirrors aqs it goes through compliancing next week. arrives tuesday.

Thanks

Scott

you should see if they'll give you the stuff that they take off it mate :)

I probably should ask on the importing forum, but are the mirrors still changed?

There are an increasing number of Aussie-delivered cars with convex mirrors fitted both sides, so the ADR's must allow it.

a lot depends on compliancer, I imported a Pajero and thankfully they were left convex. I ended up changing both my mirrors back to convex on the stagea, i found the passenger side vision quite restrictive and dangerous. I didnt bother getting the original heated ones for my car, about twice the price.

Lachlan, if yours is cold version then they would have been heated originally, probably removed, you can see small elec plug when you remove glass. The heated mirrors are same as normal, just a demister style pad siliconed onto back.

Its just probably one of those rules that no one could be bothered re-assessing, more money for compliance shops and suppliers.

One of the most important matters to mention to your compliancer is the hid headlights, if you can, make sure they do as little as possible when and if they disable them, and keep all the parts. Trust me, not much fun driving at night with a halogen bulb inside a HID headlight.

ALT+prt Sc will copy it, and you can then paste it into a photo program to make a jpeg,....or just post your 6 number vin.

Thats the problem, i dont have a photoprogram(At least that i know how to use. Photoshop is to Farking hard!!@#@! :)

a lot depends on compliancer, I imported a Pajero and thankfully they were left convex. I ended up changing both my mirrors back to convex on the stagea, i found the passenger side vision quite restrictive and dangerous. I didnt bother getting the original heated ones for my car, about twice the price.

Lachlan, if yours is cold version then they would have been heated originally, probably removed, you can see small elec plug when you remove glass. The heated mirrors are same as normal, just a demister style pad siliconed onto back.

Its just probably one of those rules that no one could be bothered re-assessing, more money for compliance shops and suppliers.

One of the most important matters to mention to your compliancer is the hid headlights, if you can, make sure they do as little as possible when and if they disable them, and keep all the parts. Trust me, not much fun driving at night with a halogen bulb inside a HID headlight.

Yeah i specifically mentioned this as in my last wagon i installed HID's and the difference is outstanding. RCN compliance centre in Brendale is doing mine. Iv asked already and the fella there said that i can keep all the parts that get removed and that he would make sure itll be an easy re-install for me to do. J-Spec recommended these guys to me, and for anybody interested, the Approx cost is $2200.

i cant find it on my new computer?.. vista? does it even have paint. I hate technology

Edit: Haha...i found it. Will post up the picture shortly.. will i need to host the picture first? ie photobucket?

Edited by stagman

16 is automatic glass twin slide sunroof

17 is viscous LSD

Hey Simon i have beeen waiting for my new computer to install the "fast" discs. Could you check out my vin (if this is it): WGNC34 - 003203

I have twin sunroofs (which i don't want) but wonder if I also have the LSD ? I do also have the heated windscreen.

thanks

Bob

Hey mate,

can you check for mine as well?

WGNC34-015956

How do I know my car got convex mirrors? Is there any button or switch inside the car?

My mirrors are quite reflective(more than normal), when I look at the other in the mirror, it seems all cars at the back are on high beam, does it mean anything?