SAU Community

Turbo Vs. Non Turbo P Plate

Depending on how long you have left I'd hold off on getting a new car until your on your opens. 20k is too much for a 34GT especially if your going to sell it soon. May aswell save money in a shit car, save on insurance etc and then buy a really nice turbo model when you get off your ps.

The whole don't get a turbo when your young because you'll wrap it round a pole is bullshit. Its got nothing to do with age it depends on each person and how they treat their cars. If they have 0 respect for them and don't care about anything then theirs a good chance it will end up in the scrap yard. I got my first skyline when I was 18 and never had an accident in it. If your spending that much money on a car its a pretty decent incentive not to be an idiot.

these people dont know what they're talkin about.. im on red p's driving a gtst.. i had an N/a .. dont buy NA.......your better off buying a lemon. get the gTt.. you will learn how to drive it..

these people dont know what they're talkin about.. im on red p's driving a gtst.. i had an N/a .. dont buy NA.......your better off buying a lemon. get the gTt.. you will learn how to drive it..

Lol.red P's driving a turbo? You're just asking for it.

Let us know wen the cops stop you from driving yout gtst. Its only a matter of time, coz you have at least 2 more years of trying to avoid the inevitable act of the cops pulling u over

Pfft...so you have a 3 year long bet against the police and making mistakes? Nice one. You don't have to drive like an idiot to end up in court mate, but judging by your attitude towards cars and driving I'm guessing you do...which serves a fantastic tour guide down the path of bankruptcy. Sometimes shit just happens and if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time you'll be regretting that 10 second timeslot for the rest of your life.

I don't understand why Vicroads don't cut out the boys in blue middlemen and stop people from registering these cars in their names, which might also make their voided insurance harder to obtain.

Just because you don't agree with a law (which btw is for your own protection), doesn't mean that you should flout it!

You laugh now - but you pay later!

And give your potential passengers a break - DON'T DRIVE THEM ANYWHERE !!!

Why not keep it safe and buy the non turbo, i have both of them and i'm on my P's too and i don't even drive the turbo skyline don't want to risk it. So there is not point of having it. But the non turbo skyline is not too bad

• 4 months later...

you reckon the supra had 164kw yeh? and the r34 gtt on redbook.com is 187kw, thats only a 23kw difference? i hear they actually tend to have a bit more than what they say, but still thats a bit mind blowing, lol anyway if i were you i wouldnt waste money on a n/a skyline, buy a shitbox hyundai excel or something, dont put rims, exhaust or neons or any gay shit on it (will be easier to sell and get more for it). own it till you get your full license then buy an r34 gtt, or scrape a couple more grand together and get an r33 GTR :P

1st. R34 GTT 206kw and 343nm it is.

2nd. If you drive a turbo car and kill someone it is man slaughter and no insurance

3rd. as Landscribble said buy a cheap car, e.g. commodore, magna etc. they are safe with airbags, cheap to insure and you can learn to drive better before you get

a fast car. No mater what your friends, family or police say you have just started to drive so you are not yeat a good driver, hence the licence rules.

Be safe and make the right choice, no forced induction and no car over 200kw (which is more then enough)