SAU Community

Broke My Car

STIVS6

I was playing around underneath my car (drivers side under intake plenum, from the bottom of the car). I was plugging in the knock sensor wires which were sitting at the back of the block so I had to give them a little yank forwards to get the front wire free. Could I have pulled out the starter motor wire as the car is no longer starting and it was the night before, before I touched anything, lol. I have to pull my intake plenum off on the weekend, to tidy up some wires, but is there anything I should look for?

Oh, the car is not cranking over at all. There is plenty of power in the battery. Just dead silence.

Edit, just checked the car again, last sentance promted me too. I couldn't hear my fuel pumps priming. Checked my fuses and none appear to be blown, but headlights are bright, so plenty of power

I have been out having a look for a little while now. I am stumped. I have disconnected my battery and reconnected it. Looked over my wiring and got my handy test light out, I have power from my ignition fuses. I have checked my fuel pump relay and ignition relay. I am convinced that I have pulled a wire I shouldn't have (check the first post). Any ideas????

The car was running perfectly the night before. I think I really have broken it. :)

No, but the fact that the pump isn't working won't cause the engine not to crank over.

(I'm understanding your problem is that the starter motor is not turning the engine, not that the engine won't start and run)

No, but the fact that the pump isn't working won't cause the engine not to crank over.

(I'm understanding your problem is that the starter motor is not turning the engine, not that the engine won't start and run)

Your correct and I need to rephrase. The starter is not turning leading me to believe I have dislodged a wire. But I usually prime the fuel pump first (turning the key to ignition and holding it there before turning it over) and the 044 is fairly loud, but now nothing.

high chance that you have disabled the starter somehow. check the wiring. keep us posted :down:

Will do dude. I took off my intake plenum. First impressions look good (which may be bad) as the start has power and can't see any immediate issues.

Quick, but stupid question perhaps. I have unplugged all the sendors on the intake side to disassemble the intake plenum. Would having those disconnected now stop me from cranking over the engine now? Talking TPS, injectors ect. Just to see if the starter and pumps are active?

Those sensors are only required to run the engine. They will have no effect on whether or not the engine cranks.

"start has power" - are you talking about the big mo-fo cables? There should be a "standard" wire with an ordinary spade clip connected to the start solenoid (small cylinder on top of the starter)

Those sensors are only required to run the engine. They will have no effect on whether or not the engine cranks.

"start has power" - are you talking about the big mo-fo cables? There should be a "standard" wire with an ordinary spade clip connected to the start solenoid (small cylinder on top of the starter)

Champion! Spotted that spade connector with no wire. I guess I have yanked it off. Once I have tidied up I will crank it and let you know how it goes. Cheers pal. I hope this is the cause... would it explain the fuel pumps not priming? Are they connected at all? May be in my car with the rewire, since everything else is incorrect.

Car is cranking with that plugged on! Cheers mate, owe you a beer. I will let you know how I go with the umps once everything else is plugged in. :down:

Edited by STIVS6