SAU Community

R34 Gtt Triple Gauge Into Na

peterw

newgauges.th.jpg

Opening sequence for volt gauge

I've got myself the GTT triple gauge pod from member on here, and 3 new stepper motor gauges (Volt, Oil Temp and Vacuum) I got for free :bunny:

Just a few questions before I start anything:

In the GTT, is the area covered by this gauge pod completely cut out? How and where is it secured at the rear?

Oil temp sensor - use a sandwich plate between the block and oil filter?

If I'm not confident on hacking the dash myself, how much of a job would it be to get done? Would do all the wiring myself, just fittin the pod neatly.

I'll post pics up along the way for anyone else who is considering this too.

Any tips or advice would be well appreciated :down:

In the GTt it's held in by two screws at the front and two lugs at the back.

I fitted some into my last R34, you need to do some accurate slicing with a craft blade and then peel the dash padding off. When you start to remove it you'll find the two holes for the screws to secure the front and the lug holes at the rear are also uncovered (same dash used in both cars)

The other thing that needs to be done is to cut out a rectangular section of the freshly uncovered plastic, a steady hand and diamond blade on the angle grinder works just fine.

When measuring up to cut the dash padding, keep mock fitting the gauge pod to get an idea of how much needs to be removed, basically you need about 5mm smaller than the size of the triple gauge housing, that's a good start.

OK here is a picture, red boxed bits are critical bits that you need to keep at least 5mm of dash plastics and padding so that when you fit there are no gaps or visible holes. Step by step trimming with a sharp blade will be all that's required at this stage. Take time and it will work out fine.

Green boxes are where the triple gauges hook in place.

At the front you completely remove all padding to expose the plastic section in the green box.

P080809_1848.jpg

ps you can fit those gauges inside the pod ..like the factory ones, just use a heap of bluetack to hold them in place ..looks much better than when theyre sitting outside like that.

• 1 month later...

hi guys, just woundering where do i wire up the Oil temp wire and boost meter wire, i wired the battery but couldnt seem to find the oil temp wire :S and not quiet sure which wire to get from the airflow meter to connect to my cluster