SAU Community

Where To Get Custom (quiet) Exhaust Made

Astro Bear

Hi Guys,

Dos anyone here know where I should go in order to get a custom made cat back exhaust made up that will fall within the 92db range. My curent 3 inch turbo back system flows well, but is really loud. I'm looking for something that is relatively quiet, yet still flows well.

I went to see a well known exhaust place in Campbellfield earlier today and they told me not to bother, as you can't get a decent flowing 3 inch exhaust system that will still be legal. I'm not sure if they were telling me porkies, because I've heard it can be done.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to where I should go in order to have this done? R31Nismoid, if you're reading this, where did you get your system made up? (I read in another thread that your system is pretty quiet).

Thanks people.

Adam.

i need to get one done aswel, i'll probably be heading to dandy exhausts where i originally had my setup made...i pulled 98-99db....if i added another resonator would that pass it??

both my cars are legal with magnaflow setups.... Stagea is Catco highflow cat, generic mid muffler with magnaflow rear, Rowville exhaust centre did the work

32 is just a magnaflow rear with an EVC, was a cannon before that, massive difference, might swap the EVC for another muffler at some point though... Glen at Mufflers and more did that diff back- 0450 675 984

+1 for Racepace, if budget permits.

Speaking from personal experience, I have a Racepace 3.5 inch custom exhaust which is quiet as stock, but gives high flow. I have not had any complaints from EPA, neighbours and cops.

Now I am upgrading to a 4 inch :P

According to the EPA letter I recieved its 92db.

Great! I hope thats the same across different state (I should check that out). I'm a bit paranoid over the limit as mine is just on the line of 92 and thinking that 90 is the limit kinda made me wanna downgrade to a quieter Regu06 (Justjap just had them in stock). Thats a thumbs up for people chasing legal exhaust dB as I find 90dB is almost impossible to reach for most aftermarket exhaust (as it varies from mods and vehicle). Heres the ADR I've got and I've seen someone posting a vehicle model specific test rpm level on the forum before too.

ADR_28.01_FRLI_Mar_06.pdf

Its not 92 dB, read the letter again :ermm:

Aaah, damn it. Must have read it wrong, there are a whole bunch of numbers and big words and stuff, i'm easily confused :)

How much $ do you think i'd be looking at in order to get a legal exhaust made up by these racepace guys, Nismoid?

ive got an exhuast that im willing to start renting out, its not a 3 inch but makes your car so quiet that its funny. Its a cat back exhaust. Its approx 106mm from the centre to centre of each bolt. It has a 52mm tip. No kidding, it is really quiet, sounds quieter then the missus' hoover. Im willing to rent it out at a slab of jim beam or $80 plus $300 deposit, to be returned when the exhaust comes back. Im also willing to help put it on. I will only help if available.

This was purchased to pass an epa when i got done for being to loud with my cannon. Got used on epa test only. This passed my r33 gtst at 82 db!!

ive got an exhuast that im willing to start renting out, its not a 3 inch but makes your car so quiet that its funny. Its a cat back exhaust. Its approx 106mm from the centre to centre of each bolt. It has a 52mm tip. No kidding, it is really quiet, sounds quieter then the missus' hoover. Im willing to rent it out at a slab of jim beam or $80 plus $300 deposit, to be returned when the exhaust comes back. Im also willing to help put it on. I will only help if available.

This was purchased to pass an epa when i got done for being to loud with my cannon. Got used on epa test only. This passed my r33 gtst at 82 db!!

Thanks anyway mate, but i kept the stock exhaust, so i'm gonna change it back on the weekend. I think I might get a kakimoto regu 06&r cat back in the near future. I've heard they're pretty quiet, i still don't think it will beat 90bd though. Probably a bit cheaper than the $1500+ quote I got to make a custom 3 inch cat back that will flow well and meet EPA requirements.

Thanks anyway mate, but i kept the stock exhaust, so i'm gonna change it back on the weekend. I think I might get a kakimoto regu 06&r cat back in the near future. I've heard they're pretty quiet, i still don't think it will beat 90bd though. Probably a bit cheaper than the $1500+ quote I got to make a custom 3 inch cat back that will flow well and meet EPA requirements.

if your catback with a cannon on the end already has a proper mid muffler just get a new diff back system made up with a magnaflow 3" in/out 4"x11" oval by 14"body rear muffler. should be legal easily. stagea is 86db

The exhaust I have is a full 3 inch turbo back, with nothing but a hi flow cat, hot dog and a cannon lol. It's ridiculously loud, hence why I really need to change it. I'll change it back to stock for the EPA test and then look for something more suitable. Even if the exhaust was CLOSE to the 90db I would be happy. I've been doing some research, it looks like the Kakimoto o6&r might be a winner, or maybe the fujitsubo. Does anyone know of any other off the shelf cat backs that would be close to 90db?

The exhaust I have is a full 3 inch turbo back, with nothing but a hi flow cat, hot dog and a cannon lol. It's ridiculously loud, hence why I really need to change it. I'll change it back to stock for the EPA test and then look for something more suitable. Even if the exhaust was CLOSE to the 90db I would be happy. I've been doing some research, it looks like the Kakimoto o6&r might be a winner, or maybe the fujitsubo. Does anyone know of any other off the shelf cat backs that would be close to 90db?

I just bought a nice Kokimoto Jasma approved full stainless exhaust in excellent condition for $300, go to those places where they import cars, they're usually import these cars with those exhausts on and take them off once they compliance them.