SAU Community

Keirons 33-34 Vspec Gtr Widebody

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Well im back at it again,After power cruise this year and the car being down on power and not performing like it should.......it soon come to pass that my rb26 had packed it in and thrown a ring lan in No 6.

SOOOOOOO like normal i can t just take the easy road i have gone out and bought some new goodies for my gtr.

Nur spec 34 gtr rb26 with head work done by prime in japan!

Jun oil pump

N1 water pump

6 pot greddy front brakes

6 boost manifold twin scroll

264 hks cams 10.01/10.08 lift

Greddy twin pipe

turbosmart 45mm gate

And im currently looking at one of the new billet range of turbonetics turbos...............

Pictures to come as always i have some but not all.

I know its been while but after you cactus your motor you do not even want to open the door to the shed.......

Watch this space!!

Edited by Gtir-keiron

they always used to "fail" under race situations. not sure if these are a new breed or not but the tuner i use is a TS agent and he wont use there waste gates as he has seen to many fail.

Tial stuff is cheap as out of the states at the moment as well. and ive never read a bad thing about them.

im sure it will be fine im just not a fan.

• 2 months later...

So to be on the safe side i had my 34 nur motor pulled down and crank checked due to the fact the car it came out of had been side swiped.

Turns out the crank was bent

So i have ordered a new crank

cp pistons manly rods

arp headbolts

acl bearing kit

new gasket kit

turbonetics gtk billet 750 split pulse rear.

Hope to have this all in and tuned running for power cruise this year

hoping for 550 to 650 hp at all 4 wheels on pump but we will see how that goes.

• 4 months later...

Had a change of direction,

Head changes are VCT and billet custom cams

Precision 6766 cea billet wheel .84 twin scroll turbo

6 boost twin scroll manifold

Magnaflow fuel pump and fuel system

Motor is currently being assembled.

ERD in brisbane does a VCT setup for a 26 head with a custom billet cam to your liking and a vct cam gear,That i am having converted to adjustable :D

they say you can get 20 degrees out of it im unsure as of yet but im tuner and mechanic are very enthusiastic about the set up.Soon as its on the dyno ill post up some dyno sheets to see how it effects the larger turbo :D

I talked to a good mate noel who is good friends with the people at erd he said hes seen a old school to4z bush bearing turbo with vct and it bought it on 800-1000 rpm quicker spool time.

Will be intresting to see how it goes mate.

You can google ERD they are also a supporter of this website mate.

• 4 years later...

I  know i have not been on for quiet some time due to real life a shithouse mechanic f**king me over and having to do a full rebuild after seizing my own property back from said unamed mechanic but things are comming to a head.

Where i am at

Motor is NUR engine i bought off another member on here a few years ago and since them i have had the entire motor pulled down and rebuilt,

Billet 276 degree custom cam shafts to suit a variable cam timing off a rb25

over size valves supertech double row springs very ported head.

86.5mm forged pistons rods all the goodness.

Currently awaiting a new 6boost manifold and 50mm progate split pulse

i have 2 turbos but i have chosen to go the smaller of the 2 a 6266 gen 2 precision over the 6766 dual bb precision.

I have a 26/30 6boost manifold and gate to suit the 6766 turbo ill be offloading once im finished all new never used.

Just a quick update i hope the car will be tunned and on the road early in the new year. pictures to come.