Keirons 33-34 Vspec Gtr Widebody

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A good mate called me up today say congrats about your car being in the latest autosalon magazine and im like WTF MATE???

Any how it did make it into a few random powercruise pictures from last year in brissy so im gunna have to post them up :laugh:.

Pretty funny in the 3rd picture the caption about plenty of 34 gtr's being at powercruise when mines a 33 gtr hahah

Im happy tho in a 2 page spread they threw my R in 3 times :D

pc4t.jpg

pc3h.jpg

pc2k.jpg

pc1e.jpg

And as for a status update im almost finished painting every thing im very close to putting it all back together.Im pretty excited.

Edited by Gtir-keiron

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Heres a quick update.

Motor is back in the engine bay and started to put the engine bay back together to find a few brackets here and there like the radiator and power steer brack and unsightly not to mention a few others so im set back a week or so with cleaning and 2 pack painting more stuff for the engine bay.

To be honest at the end of the day it will look tidy as hell and very clean and as i went away from polished items that people normaly do it is however a massive job......

So people if you are keen to do what i did take a long hard look at how much work is in this because it feels never ending and there is no quick way about this.So far its taken 5 months to get where i am and at the end of the day im sure people will say i don t see what the fuss is about it does not look like there would be that much in it.

Ill have engine bay pics up once i have finshed painting the last of the brackets befor i put the panels back on the car,Im close and excited.

Heres a few pictures of where im at till this week end comes up i should get every thing fitted back onto the car :cheers:.

As you can see i also replaced all of the bolts with stainless steel allen key head bolts and nylocs.

Still a few items that need to be cleaned up and once shes up and running im taking the car to my fabricators to remove the factory plastic and making alloy pipe kit that i will paint in metalic black 2 pac to keep inline with the cooler pipe inside the engine bay.

Only thing i have to get done at once point is the cam angle sensor that i will do when i do cam gears.

I went as far as to pull the throttle linkage apart and paint the indervidual parts.

painted my hks intercooler pipes aswell and all of the brackets to date in either the car color gtr silver or metalic black.

33072930.jpg

86240077.jpg

33960730.jpg

76315919.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Heres a link to my car in japan after the kit was fitted by Bee R

For any one who wants to buy a kit i hope you got plenty of coin.

You would be looking around 8 to 10 grand for the kit landed in aust then you have to pay for fit and paint....

http://www.bee-r.com/main/parts/aero/b334r01.htm

This week put the front end back together

New gear box rubbers for the mount ouch 85 bucks to replace all 4!

New nismo engine mounts

Ati balancer

Just goto fit the koyo oil cooler and braided cooler lines.Had 2 speed flow fittings damaged and had to get them replaced.

All thats left is oil/fluids and bolt the panels back on and away we go.

Back to the dyno to finish the tune off should be running around with 450hp atws daily well thats the target im shooting for.

Ill be ready for powercruise at the end of the year,Got a shed this time so no 4 hour line ups to get on the track.God bless pit passes!

Edited by Gtir-keiron

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
any updates man?

Yep the car is back on the road finaly!

I missed one bracket and i had my apexi afm adapters customized to fit a pair of rb25 afms so i have to p-aint those aswell.

While i was at it i had the front bar repainted so there was no scratches underneath,Even tho you could not see them but i knew they were there lol....

Had the intank 040 pulled out and completly rewired and relays put in so theres no chance of voltage drop,Not a small job by any mesure there is far more in it then i first thought.

Customized the pump holder so the 040 sat in as close to the original postion as possible.

I don t mess with that stuff personaly i use a local mechanic/fabricator stu cornall who is local here in the bay but came from the gold coast originaly,Some of the older members from that way would know him im sure. Very good mechanic and fabricator.

Raised the car up at the front by 7 mm just for that little bit of extra clearance and it seems to have done the trick.

I will post some more pictures shortly,Its going to the dyno in the next week or so to push for more ponys.Brad smith here localy has a awd dyno and hes very good indeed.

Looking forward to see how the car performs with a new tune.

Was only road tuned last year at power cruise and due to the stock rb26 afms she would hit the ceiling at 370 hp atws im hoping for around 450+

• 2 weeks later...
needs more offset.

apart from that, looking good.

Personaly i like the offset mate,To be honest the cops leave me alone my offset could not be more perfect it sits inside the guards all the way around the car by millimeters I could not get it better if i tried to.Not bvad for 19x10's all the way round

Cars with rims/tyres sitting out side the gaurds are dangerous and you will get fined for it,Looks cool but your car can be put off the road for it,I have seen it happen to my mates chaser here with his rims and tyres sticking out side the car he was told after he got the ticket "if we see it again we will tow the car"

Little update,

New wheel bearings today and a fan as mine had small stress cracks so i was not going to take any chances,This week it goes to the dyno and im yet to still paint the 3 little things i need to befor power cruise.Also picked up a polished cam angle sensor to finishe off the front of my motor,Only other thing to do is cam gears when i have the spare cash.....

BTW if any one is thinking about doing there wheel bearings on the front of the car its not cheap at all you are looking around 170 a bearing plus the 2 hours a side labour to have the replace pressed on and off.

All the small things add up i must have spent another 2 to 3 grand on the car in the last few weeks getting things fixed up so its perfect for power cruise.

What a mission i tell ya but i should be more then ready for power cruise in the next few weeks.

Hope to see more forum members there for sure and please drop in and say hello if you like i have a shed on pit lane this year..

Edited by Gtir-keiron

what did it make man?

Brad was busy till 930 last night man,we left the dyno at 11pm

Basicaly just ran auctuator pressure and trimmed up the fuel.

Base 10 psi around 330 hp atw

Now hes cleaned up the fuel curve today we will start serching for power.

Only spent 45 minutes on the dyno.

Today is the day :D

Im like a fat kid out side the candy shop i tell ya,This car has never seen a real tune yet so im excited.