SAU Community

What Turbo Should I Get

niran

Hey every one

Ok as you may know if you have read my last topic I have been having some issues most likely with my turbo and if it is out on its way I was looking at something else to get..

The reason the title states rb20 and 25, is because at the moment I have a rb20 however towards the end of this year/early next year I’m planning on putting a rb25 in my car, so what I’m asking for basically is what do you guys reckon would be a turbo that i could buy now and would suit the rb20 (don’t mind if there is a slight lag) and then also be optimum for a rb25 setup..

The power figures I’m aiming for in the rb25 is approx. 350-380 rwhp.

Also do you guys reckon I should buy a cheap r33 stock turbo for now and then when I buy a rb25 then buy a new bigger turbo, or would it be easier just buying a good one once that would work out on both engines..

Thanks Guys

Niran

Hey guys let me edit the first post a bit even around 340 rwhp with the rb25 is fine, if that makes the turbo choice any easier ?

GT3076 should be good for that w/ correct supporting mods. Lag wouldn't much of an issue either.

the garett 3076 or even 3071 is a good option but if you want a cheaper option a hyper gear tr43i is a good option to ive been running one and am very happy with it so far and its half the prince.

hey man.. i will look into that more this week and see the prices of them, secondly i just had a question which was how much did the hyper gear tr41i cost you? ive checked the website however it says comming soon ?

Thanks every one for the help

Niran

The .63 TR43i is made to produce 300rwkws. For the RB20det engine .58 T3x ATR28G3 internally gated is a better option. They can make around 260rwkws on stock RB20det with excellent on road response. Price wise it cost $100 more. In Garrett range its some thing in between GT3071 and 76.

The .63 TR43i is made to produce 300rwkws. For the RB20det engine .58 T3x ATR28G3 internally gated is a better option. They can make around 260rwkws on stock RB20det with excellent on road response. Price wise it cost $100 more. In Garrett range its some thing in between GT3071 and 76.

Hey man

I was trying to get a T4R3i because i am planning on installing a rb25 later on.. if i did choose this turbo where abouts would full boost kick in with the rb20det engine? and how much is the turbo + shipping

Thanks

Hey man sorry i didnt mean the tr41i, i was ment to say the tr43i.

thanks

yeah it cost me 108o with the manifold to turbo gasket and oil lines and turbo, I really recomend it dont have power results myself for you yet since iam building it up since i have no lincese at the moment but with 550 cc injecors, nismo fuel pump, pwoer fc , upgraded clutch, fmic, full exhust z32 afm on my rb25 on prob bout 18 psi expecting sumtn around the 300 mark