SAU Community

The difference between a GTS-T and a GTR

yes the rb26dett does fit into normal gts-t's (well i have seen and heard about plenty of conversions etc from the standard RB25DET to the RB26DETT)

The engine itself is alot more powerful i believe and theres also a few extras that come with the car ... i think.

its just like pathetic holdens etc,

They have SS models, HSV etc etc the GTR is just the more advanced, more powerful model of the GTS-T

Mostly those two things, but a few other subtle differences -

Added gauges to GTR

Different bodykit/wing/front bar/badging

Bigger fuel pump on GTR (bigger injectors etc taken as given on the different engine)

Different gearbox (different ratios)

Bigger brakes on GTR

Different wheels (forged alloy on GTR I think as opposed to cast on GTS-t)

Flared guards on GTR

That's about all I can think of right now, I'm sure there's more but that's probably most of it.

You can put an RB26DETT into a GTS-t without too many hassles. If you want the 4WD though, a better conversion is to drop one in to a GTS4, which has the same gearbox and 4WD system as a GTR.

Either way you are probably looking at around $10k for the conversion including parts and labour, plus a lot of time off the road. It can be viable if you buy the original car cheaply enough at the time.

Not to mention suspension, drivetrain, 4wd system, computer system, internal gauges and dials..

no comparison really :)

Kind of like the difference between a BMW 318i and a BMW M3.. the only similarity might be the BMW badge. Maybe instead of listing the difference we should list the similarities.. we'd be here for less time as the list of things they share is quite short :)

• 4 weeks later...