SAU Community

Relocating Front Number Plate

3LGODZILA

im thinking of relocating my number plate to the RHS, just wondering how u guys mounted it.

i dont really wanna drill into my bumper in case i wanna move it back, but is that how every1 else is doin it?

would double-sided tape hold it? im just worried at high speeds if its gonna hold (on the track of course :P )

im thinking of relocating my number plate to the RHS, just wondering how u guys mounted it.

i dont really wanna drill into my bumper in case i wanna move it back, but is that how every1 else is doin it?

would double-sided tape hold it? im just worried at high speeds if its gonna hold (on the track of course :D )

i hope you mean passenger side ?

drivers side is ILLEGAL due to camera not being able to read it so cops will rape you if you hae it there

ill probly end up using double sided tape n see how that goes :)

as for it being illegal on the drivers side thats probably true, but a stupid law as ive driven past speed cameras on both the left and right hand side of the road.

cheers fellas

i dont think its illegal as such i was told ( by an inspector) that as long as the plate is straight and can be read from anywhere in front of the car its fine but the fuzz will still use it as an excuse to pull you over

ive put mine on the drivers side with a small bracket fixed into the underside of the bumper

double sided tape did the trick, excuse the crappy fone pic.

i recon the front end looks alot better now :D

of yeh i ended up using my apexi safc stand to hold on 1 side of the plate lol, came in handy

29m7t04.jpg

Edited by jimmys-33T

I had it on the drivers side...was there for 2 yrs.... multiple rbts later... then one officer mentioned to move it... i moved it then and there... he then complained the holes were it once was wasnt correct and I'd need a new front bumper... but as it is now the plate is on the passenger side and they have left me be since. just a thought.

All recent Alfa Romeos have their front plates on the left side. So, if some cop tells you that you cannot have it to one side, he/she is talking through the wrong part of his/her anatomy. I am sure there is some other make around that has a side-mounted front plate, which is on the right, but I cannot remember which one! The ADRs only require that the plate is parallel to your front axle (or some other definition of straight), i.e. it cannot be angled to one side, and vertical, i.e. it cannot be sloped back.

I have left mine on the middle, but the workshop moved it up, so only a third of it protrudes into the intake area. Some shims help overcome the indentation in the bar, so it can sit flat. A slight bend back at the bottom and top would help airflow.

Cheers.

I dont think rhs should be any problem at all,eg: a NISSAN nomad van is mounted stock on rhs. http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:6we0IF...33945-thumb.jpg this is the stock mounting spot..............so im guessing whats good for the goose is good for the gander...

Edited by r31gtsxjspec