SAU Community

Eastern Creek Street Meeting

I'm going to eastern creek next wednesday night the 19th Aug and was hoping to get a few more 350gt or z's to come out and have some fun.

They say mid 14's for a stock 350gt but i'm hoping to get into the low 14's or even high 13's by making it a bit lighter lol. All just a bit of fun.

And what is quicker, 350gt or 350z?

So anyone interested?

I kinda am... curious to know what my car can do in the form i drive it as. Not expecting much though as i recently changed sussy so the rear doesn't squat as much and i went back to normal street tires.

Maybe we can organise to meet somewhere and cruise there ? Lol...can even do auto vs manual grudge matches if enough go haha.

Z will be quicker, they are a little bit lighter (stock for stock and from same year) and don't forget later model Z's then got the revup motor (221kw) then to the very high rev motor (230kw).

Well mine ran 14.5 up here in the far north @ Townsville drag way in summer, however with the air temps being cooler now particuallty down south for you guys it should help get ur cars into the low 14's. Id reccomend ditching big rims with ultra low profile tyres for some stock 17's which I think would help. I want to try swapping my 19"s for 17"s that next time I go to the drags to see if it makes any difference to my own times.

I'd come, but my diff mount bushings are torn. I don't want to load up the driveline too hard with big launches if the diff is moving around.

I could bring a non FM platform car as a maybe.

Edited by scathing

Man up and come Alan! Lol j/k

Diff bushings torn wow... afaik, the Z's had more diff bushings compared to the V. I think we have just one solid one but last i checked mine was ok.

Yeah i should swap my rims.. have 18" gramlights on with 275 michelin pilot sport ps2 or 18" factory with 245 bridgestone re-01r... the bridgestones have way more grip.. I think i'd rather see what the car does in it's everyday form though, probably won't even do a burnout to heat the tires up...

14.5 ain't bad, especially in the heat.

Man up and come Alan! Lol j/k

I just realised that neither of the other 2 cars is really usable in their current states. I guess I won't be coming at all.

Diff bushings torn wow... afaik, the Z's had more diff bushings compared to the V. I think we have just one solid one but last i checked mine was ok.

Its probably all the years of track use with R-Comps on. I did break 3rd gear last year, after all.

Whiteline says they'll have polyurethane ones out soon, so I'm still about a month away from getting the Z back to 100%.

Good to see a some interest.

Most people will be coming from work so not to easy working out a cruise.

Some information for first timers,

Gates open at 5pm

scrutineering from 5pm to 7:30pm

Racing from 6pm till 10pm

Entry

spectators $20

competitors $50

Important items to bring

current drivers licence

long sleeved shirt and pants

closed in shoes

Helmet

So is there anyone expecting to be into the 13's? or 12's?

As long as your having fun SCATHING that is important!

So is auto faster then manual?

I have an auto and love it. Took the manual for a test drive and didn't like it at all. My 18 year old GTR feels brand new compared to that lol.

Looking forward to meeting fellow 350 drivers ;)

:(

I'll try to make it down for the day straight after work

I have an auto. it's my first auto i've owned and I've always been curious whether the sport shift mode is faster than tiptronic shifting in a straight line

I don't get off work until around 6 and from work it would be maybe a 30 minute drive with traffic

good to meet you nick :P

1st run 14.014 @100.88mph

2nd run15.168 @99.36mph (bogged launch and hit rev limiter in 1st gear :) )

good to know that my car can break into sub14's in completely stock form, next time I'll have to come minus all the usual junk in my trunk and cabin (came straight after work)

will return once exhaust is on and a/f ratios tuned

Nice to meet you to yoyo :P .

my first run was a 14.4 ( beating a r33 GTS)

second was 14.3.

Had wheel spin and left it to the auto to change gears. I felt lazy. They say it's quicker to manual shift. Oh well still happy with the time seeing it's all stock.

Makes it a long night when holden V8's blow up on the line :)

I saw two other 350gt's there but never ran? A nice black one with different exhaust.

yeah you could see the smoke blowing everywhere lol typical commo

I was going to do a run with the car just in sport shift D but only had time for 2 runs before they closed it off

Someone had a pretty bad crash straight after my first run too, hope it wasn't too bad for the owner